turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old School Turkey Vest

Started by woodchip, June 26, 2013, 03:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchip

A lot of the guys post pics of their old school turkey guns so I'm posting a couple old school vests I have.  The best thing about them is the Made in USA tag!!  Hard to find that now days.

woodchip

The vests are not for sale.  I just thought everyone might enjoy looking at some old school vests.

mikejd

Nice vests butI must agree that the Made in USA emblem is the best part. Sad that if you want to find anything with that label you have to do some serious searching.

HartClemson99

That Fall Foliage vest is sharp!  I love that pattern. I have some Fall Foliage bib overalls that I wear in the South Carolina early season and they match the dead leaves and dead pine needles perfect. 
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

woodchip

I think I these vests were bought around 1995 when I began hunting.  The Fall foliage one was my first vest and I used it every year until I retired it in 2011.  I'll probably still break it out once in awhile.  The Full foliage was my Dad's and he no longer hunts. He never was a real serious turkey hunter so It's hardly been used.

joshua

I've got one of the same vest but in the Greenleaf pattern. Mine isn't in nearly the shape of these 2. Bought in the mid 90s and was used until the 2010 season.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

gophert

I have one from the early 90's that I passed down to my daughter.  I'm not sure who actually made it, but my guess it was from MO. 

ShotGunSniper

Great lookin vest. I seriously love the "made in usa" tag.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

troutfisher13111

woodchip

LOL it would take a lot more than 50 bucks to buy mine.  I love these old vests!

owlhoot

pretty neat.
have not thought about mine for a time.
first turkey vest i bought was made by 10X in the USA.
real-tree camo with stutters in the knotholes of the camo. Sub species of Turks wrote near them too.
think i bought it in late 80's or early 90's??

WildTigerTrout

My favorite vest by far is my old HS Strut in Advantage Timber camo. It was "Made in America"  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an and is very well constructed . I have used it for about 12 years and plan to keep wearing it.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

DirtNap647

I still hunt with my vest that look like the ones above but mine(2)  are maybe original break up...simple vest serves the purpose and hate to change just wish the but pad was a little thicker lol

GobbleNut

Anyone still looking for one of these MO Full Foliage vests?  I just found my old one from the 80's and would be willing to part with it if somebody still wants one of them.

goblr77

I had an old vest like that in tree stand. No clue where it would be.