turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just bought my first 835

Started by mikejd, June 23, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejd

I knew one day I would come across a good deal. I just scored a Moss 835 NWTF addition NIB
with red dot sight for 250$. Sweeeeet. Im glad I already have a bunch of chokes for this gun ( including a stardot). Stock and forend are realtree greanleaf hardwoods camo. Barrel an reciever are black. I have to pick it up during the week.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Grea deal.  Now what are you going to feed it? 

mikejd

How can I not see what that stardot and #7,s can do. I mean that choke has been sitting in the cabinet for a few years now. Just waiting to get the nod. I also have a truglo (mark Banser ) waiting and an IC black diamond. So I will get to play a bit.

outdoors

GOOD DEAL , GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT . I KNOW ...  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mikejd

Quote from: outdoors on June 23, 2013, 10:16:39 PM
GOOD DEAL , GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT . I KNOW ...  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:

I do agree.

nflorek

In my opinion the 835 is the finest turkey gun ever made, I have guns that cost 3 times as much but they won't hang with the 835 on the pattern board.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

nflorek

Mossy 835's always on top........

nflorek

They are so over looked....It's been said before....they rattle.....but not when your holding them on your knee........

mikejd

Quote from: nflorek on June 24, 2013, 12:37:22 AM
Mossy 835's always on top........

Nice collection.
And I will say the 835 does have its fallowing for good reason.
That's why I have always had it on my list of guns to buy.
I was just waiting for the right one to come along. Right now I have a pretty nice collection of turkey slayers myself but always reach for my 1300. Looking forward to seing were my new killer stacks up.ahhh the fun of the off season.

vt35mag

the Ward

Great deal!I think your going to be very happy with it!The turkeys will not be!!!                   :OGturkeyhead:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mikejd on June 23, 2013, 08:22:40 PM
I knew one day I would come across a good deal. I just scored a Moss 835 NWTF addition NIB
with red dot sight for 250$. Sweeeeet. Im glad I already have a bunch of chokes for this gun ( including a stardot). Stock and forend are realtree greanleaf hardwoods camo. Barrel an reciever are black. I have to pick it up during the week.

Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy that gun. I purchased my first 835 shortly after they were introduced and used it to shoot several turkeys before a good friend talked me into letting him have it.

Since that time I've had several more in addition to the SSi-ONE and 935 which have the same inside barrel diameter as the 835. I've had ported and non-ported barrels of several different lengths over the years and have been able to get all of them to shoot very well.

A good "deep clean" seems to help those guns more than any others. It's actually why I wrote that article many years ago.

I have seen many guns that pattern exceptionally well over the years but the 835s have delivered some of the best patterns I've seen.

All my best to you. Load it up and hang on!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

beagler

Never Misses

chatterbox

Fantastic shotgun! I won't part with mine! :icon_thumright:

mikejd

Thanks guys cant wait to pick her up. was suposed to tonight but got held up at work.
And some of you guys( pattern pics) are the reason I have wanted one for a while. I have a bunch of great turkey killers but Im really looking forward to this one.