Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Would you give up Turkey hunting for a whole season so you could...

Started by TheTwistedOne, June 19, 2013, 01:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

I would not have this problem for a couple reasons: 1) My wife knows how much turkey season means to me. 2) She likes to turkey hunt too! 3) She's scared to fly!

Maybe that's the reason you're having to give up the whole season......you're driving
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

BoWhoop

Would I?  No.

What I might do if it meant that much would be save up and go another year...sometime other than turkey season.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Houndstooth Game Calls

Heck Naw I wouldn't trade it for no fishing trip or anything else for that matter!!! Your sick you need to check yourself into a hospital quick ur running out of time!! As for the girlfriend she's gotta make decision to stay or go turkey season always always trumps the girlfriend now a kids event well that's different!! The friends well you can make new friends that turkey hunt problem solved!! Get well soon!!  :icon_thumright: :toothy9:

Hook hanger

I had to make a similar type of decision once and regret that i was with my wife that is the only turkey season i have missed in 28yrs of hunting and still wish i didn't skip killing turkeys.

ShotGunSniper

What? I just got started  :z-guntootsmiley:

But the wife would love me to get over my newly founded hobby  :toothy12:
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

ccleroy

Quote from: Cove on June 19, 2013, 06:33:18 PM
No way no how never. Nope. Not a chance. Not in this lifetime. Don't matter with who and where too. . . not missing a turkey season.

Exactly!

Byhalia

Are you kidding me......that would be a Nooooooooooo !!!!!!!! 
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

El Pavo Grande

Yeah, if it meant skipping an entire season then absolutely not.  It would be like a kick in the gut just to miss a week.  I get hacked off when family members plan weddings, etc. during the spring....the nerve of some folks!!!

Onpoint

HartClemson99

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

turkeyfeathers

Quote from: TheTwistedOne on June 19, 2013, 01:11:45 PM
Fish for an entire week for salmon and halibut in Alaska with your wife and a girlfriend?

Lease and trip cost are equal.

This isn't hypothetical.  It's a real decision I had to make.
I fixed it for you  ;D     
I could miss a season to do that. Even the way you stated. I've been to AK but didn't have a chance to fish. Would love to go back there to salmon and halibut fish.

WillowRidgeCalls

I'd take the trip in a heartbeat, if it ment that much to you and your  wife, chances like that don't come along every day. You may also find your wasting a lot of money on the least and turkey hunts? There are ways to turkey hunt for a lot less, and you may find you enjoy that a lot more that just staying on one lease area? Turkey seasons run all spring so you should be able to find a place to hunt somewhere in your state or another state for less money than what your paying for the lease?
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

tomstopper