OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli M2 help  (Read 3892 times)

Offline donjuan

Benelli M2 help
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
Just curious what you all have gotten to pattern well for geese and ducks out of this gun.  The factory modified does well with black cloud at 35-50 yards, but up close it's too tight of a pattern.  I hoped the Hevi Metal patterned well, but even with more pellets in the shell, they just don't out of the modified for me in this gun.  They are great out of our 20 ga though.

It didn't come with an IC, but I was thinking about getting a LM and trying that out.  Your thoughts?
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
Re: Benelli M2 help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
My friend has the LM and he loves it, not sure which brand choke he got. I use the Mod. that came with my Benelli with steel shot. I have not tried the Heavy Metal shells.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
My go to load has been the kent faststeel 3" 1-1/4 #4s for most of my duck hunting out of my vinci with either the factory  mod or trulock black cloud full choke.I also shoot black cloud 3" #4s with excellent results.But those combos are very tight patterning,so like you,i think i'm going to try a lite mod choke to open it up a bit,especially for hunting early season woodys.I haven't decided yet whether to get a briley,trulock,or a sumtoy.With the blackcoud I can recommend  the trulock blackcloud tube ,it patterns very evenly and even does well with standard loads.I was very impressed with it!Pretty bad its only june and i'm already getting pumped up about waterfowl season!Gotta get the canoe repainted,make up some more goose siluettes,pattern some guns........lol!   ward

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
short rang run a SK and long stuff go LM.  Now if you want to get wild and just show out bump it to a HM. (more than 1/2 won't be eatable)
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA