OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Star Dot 835/935

Started by ky.trophy, May 19, 2013, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 28, 2013, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: vt35mag on May 28, 2013, 06:18:36 PM
Honestly, its the only choke I have tried.
I was looking to try the SSX, PG, and/or IC.  Was hoping to see a write up from you on the BC Smackdown too.  Tough spending money on chokes, when you already have something that's 38-40% efficient with HTL 6's and always over 45% with HTL 7's.

Well I got the BC Smackdown and the Carlsons Hevi-Shot choke to try out.  But I will have to wait until my back is better and fully recuperated from my back surgery I had Apr 22.

Ouch, best wishes with the rest of the recovery.  Look forward to the reviews when you get back to it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks.  I thought I would let you know that I did walk 6 miles yesterday at one time. 

mikejd

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 28, 2013, 05:55:20 PM
I'm hoping Mike will give us some answers on what he learns shortly about the Star Dot choke he has.  He's supposed to be doing some detective work.

I left a message at PTC technologies today. No call back yet.

Grobec1

Quote from: vt35mag on May 28, 2013, 06:18:36 PM
Honestly, its the only choke I have tried.
I was looking to try the SSX, PG, and/or IC.  Was hoping to see a write up from you on the BC Smackdown too.  Tough spending money on chokes, when you already have something that's 38-40% efficient with HTL 6's and always over 45% with HTL 7's.

I know every gun shoots different but also have a PG .670 and it shot almost identical to my stardot (or whatever I have).

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on May 28, 2013, 07:56:17 PM
I'm hoping Mike will give us some answers on what he learns shortly about the Star Dot choke he has.  He's supposed to be doing some detective work.

Did you ever send a picture of the choke to Colonial Arms and ask the owner if they made this choke? 

mikejd

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 28, 2013, 09:45:02 PM
Quote from: mikejd on May 28, 2013, 07:56:17 PM

Did you ever send a picture of the choke to Colonial Arms and ask the owner if they made this choke?

No I haven't. Who should I send it to.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Go to Colonial Arms website and go down at the bottom or the top wherever the contact us is and send it to Sandy I believe is the owners name. 

But just say I would like the owner of Colonial Arms to look at this choke and the staight grooves at the top and ask her if they made that choke back in the day.  I would put it next to the original package when taking the photo to send to her.  She should let you know for sure.  That way we all will know the rest of the story. 

I would also tell her the choke has no writing on the tube if that is correct.

mikejd

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on May 28, 2013, 10:15:04 PM
Thanks Brad. Will do.

It is I that should thank you.  Heck we all thank you.  You will be a hero here.

vt35mag

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 28, 2013, 07:08:12 PM
Thanks.  I thought I would let you know that I did walk 6 miles yesterday at one time.

:you_rock:

Grobec1

Quote from: vt35mag on May 28, 2013, 05:13:55 PM
This is what I have guys;

Original Star Dot Packaging by Highland Sports Huntsville, AL
Straight Grooves
Moss 835 written on the choke
A measured inside diameter with a caliper of exactly .676

I would say that if this is indeed a "counterfeit", then its probably an exact replica to the Colonial Arms original.  Wouldn't you agree?

As far as patterns go, she put up a three shot average of 180 hits in the 10in circle at 40yds on a 45 degree day with approx. 35% humidity.  That's shooting Hevi 13 3-1/2in 2-1/4oz #6

Ok, If your tube has Moss 835 written on it what do you guys think I have it has
moss xfull written on it?

mikejd

Quote from: Grobec1 on May 29, 2013, 08:39:25 AM
Quote from: vt35mag on May 28, 2013, 05:13:55 PM
This is what I have guys;

Original Star Dot Packaging by Highland Sports Huntsville, AL
Straight Grooves
Moss 835 written on the choke
A measured inside diameter with a caliper of exactly .676

I would say that if this is indeed a "counterfeit", then its probably an exact replica to the Colonial Arms original.  Wouldn't you agree?

As far as patterns go, she put up a three shot average of 180 hits in the 10in circle at 40yds on a 45 degree day with approx. 35% humidity.  That's shooting Hevi 13 3-1/2in 2-1/4oz #6

Ok, If your tube has Moss 835 written on it what do you guys think I have it has
moss xfull written on it?

Grobec, the great stardot mystery still goes on. I don't know if anyone really has any rock solid evedence of what is what. At this time Brad ( ilikehevi13) has the best info as this has been an ongoing quest for him. This has sparked my interest quit a bit and last night I took some pics and sent them to colonial in hopes to get some answers. Hopefully they don't right me off as a loon and actually give me some answers. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

Grobec1

Thanks, would like to know myself.

vt35mag

Writing or no writing, all I know is the Star Dot I have has knocked the poop out of 6 birds the past two seasons...

mikejd

Quote from: vt35mag on May 29, 2013, 10:24:54 AM
Writing or no writing, all I know is the Star Dot I have has knocked the poop out of 6 birds the past two seasons...

That's all that matters in the end. And clearly this is all about fun anyway once your gun is throwibg a great pattern does it really matter who made the choke.
Its just fun to play.