OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 beards!?!?! And the hardware to boot.. Unreal

Started by derek, May 18, 2013, 03:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Quote from: Illini Tom on May 20, 2013, 09:46:48 AM
awesome tom, big congrats
did you tally up his nwtf score?
gotta be pushin 100

114 5/8
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Your logic is mystifying.

That's a truly world class animal and you chose not to commemorate it with a mount because you have a bird with 7 beards?  I know no one who would say, "well, I just shot this 220" buck but I'm not going to mount it because I killed a 180" two years ago.

Congrats on your kill but that bird deserved better than that. I can assure you, you'll never kill one with that pairing of spur length and multiple beards again. 

chcltlabz

Congrats Derek, that's the icing on a heck of a year.  As for all the comments, not your bird, not your decision.  I've seen the other bird, he makes a better mount.  Not everyone insists on filling their walls with turkeys.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Gobble!

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 20, 2013, 10:16:56 PM
Your logic is mystifying.

That's a truly world class animal and you chose not to commemorate it with a mount because you have a bird with 7 beards?  I know no one who would say, "well, I just shot this 220" buck but I'm not going to mount it because I killed a 180" two years ago.

Congrats on your kill but that bird deserved better than that. I can assure you, you'll never kill one with that pairing of spur length and multiple beards again. 

Yeah you should of spread his ashes across a beautiful meadow full of hens or built and cross and stuck it in the ground where you killed him with a poem about death and the after life on it.  ::)

Mike Honcho

Definitely interested in seeing how the bird would score...he has got to be a major record.

Congrats on a super bird!

stinkpickle

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

eman375

Fatbeard

That is a record breaking bird!!!! Wow congrats on a fine lifetime trophy
East TN Beard Buster

steveo

:drool:   Thanks for sharing the story and photos !   way to score and score big ! trophy of a lifetime that one is !!.

RutnNStrutn

Incredible gobbler!!! Congrats on a real trophy!!! :you_rock: :icon_thumright:

BamaProud

Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

nyturkeyhunter

Great story and beautiful bird. That gobbler had some great hooks. !0 beards? unbelieveable. Nice job.
Tagged out for this spring. Check back with me in the fall.

ILIKEHEVI-13