OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wilson precision choke tubes

Started by Hawk76, May 15, 2013, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk76

Has anyone use the tubes before and if so what were your results?
http://wilsonprecision.com/index.html

mikejd

I have never heard of them. I would be willing o give it a go. Price seems fair.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Hawk76 on May 15, 2013, 06:57:52 PM
Has anyone use the tubes before and if so what were your results?
http://wilsonprecision.com/index.html

I tried a variety of those chokes many years ago and still have some of them in my "collection". I really don't recall any results from the various shells that I shot through them.

I took a look at the site and if my memory serves me correctly, they still offer the models that I purchased.

Sorry, I can't really tell you any more.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jarbo03

I use their chokes for upland and waterfowl hunting, very well made with good patterns, would expect the same from all their chokes.

Sent from a gnarly phone with a kickstand

Hawk76

I'm thinking about ordering a choke tube from them because its one of the few places that makes them for wadlock barrels.  What would diameter would you recommend for 2oz of #9 TSS through a 12 ga?

jarbo03

Quote from: Hawk76 on May 17, 2013, 12:55:21 PM
I'm thinking about ordering a choke tube from them because its one of the few places that makes them for wadlock barrels.  What would diameter would you recommend for 2oz of #9 TSS through a 12 ga?
Depends on what you are looking for.  My Beretta liked a .660 with TSS#7 my O/U likes a .670.   I would choose a .670 if it were me.   
You can also look at Colonial Arms, they sell tru- choke tubes.

Hawk76

Tru choke is much easier to find.  I need a Hastings CT2 tube, it has no interchange.

BandedSpur

Quote from: Hawk76 on May 17, 2013, 12:55:21 PM

Not sure what your bore dia. is, but most guys are getting great hunting patterns with chokes from .675-.690. I run a Rem HS SF (.675) in my 1187 and a nonported Briley .683 in my Berettas and am more than happy with my TSS 8s and 9s. I've seen some really tight patterns (too tight to hunt with IMO) and some that are definitely overchoked with .660-.670.

jarbo03

Quote from: Hawk76 on May 17, 2013, 10:55:01 PM
Tru choke is much easier to find.  I need a Hastings CT2 tube, it has no interchange.
Gotcha. Those seem to throw some great patterns, very good with high velocity steel also.

R AJ

I have one for the Truchoke in fast port that seems to be well made .It is a better buckshot choke than turkey choke in 675 constriction . I would get their economy choke if any.

Their cryo treated chokes ought to do well with the TSS . If you have a factory full it should be plenty tight for TSS loads.

SumToy

Quote from: Hawk76 on May 17, 2013, 10:55:01 PM

We can cut you what you need. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Hawk76

sumtoy,

What would you recommend?  Looking to buy soon.

Thanks

Rockhound

I looked into buying a couple ofthese chokes last season for the 10 gauge and at the time they were $47 each. Seems the price has jumped, and at $60 each I'll stick with my collection of kicks and sumtoy