OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 535 who's shooting One and what chokee

Started by Rem Man, May 15, 2013, 05:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rem Man

Hi guys what choke do you guys shoot with a  22 inch barrel and how you like it thanks. looking to shoot lead and heavyweight.

chatterbox

I had one, and got excellent results with  Jelly Head .660. Good luck!

mikejd

My friend just got one and we ran a few of my chokes through it last week. IC 660 shot great. He is shopping for one now.
The gun felt great. Very very light I'm sure with 3 1/2's its going to be a shoulder buster. We were using my lead sled so who knows.

vt35mag

I have two 535's both with Pure Gold .670 chokes.  VERY even 10 and 20 inch patterns. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rem Man on May 15, 2013, 05:30:11 AM
Hi guys what choke do you guys shoot with a  22 inch barrel and how you like it thanks. looking to shoot lead and heavyweight.

I've had several of those guns in different models. I now have one with the combo turkey & waterfowl barrels. The others I had went to friends who use them regularly for a variety of game. We've all found the SSX and the Hevi-13 chokes to work very well with those guns. Most are shooting H-13 shells or good lead loads through their guns, one is shooting Heavyweight shot however and he's very happy with his results.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mcgruff1533

I have the Tactical Turkey version with the 20" barrel and ATI adjustable stock.   After lots of pattern testing with various chokes and loads, I finally found a combo that works.      I now run a .660" Indian Creek choke with either Hevi 3-2-6 or 3-2-7 shells.     I have a solid 40 yard turkey slayer now.