Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2nd WV Bird Down (No Upgrade)

Started by Deputy 14, May 15, 2013, 12:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Weighed 16.5 Pounds  7/8 Spurs and a 10.5 Beard.  Not a terrible two year old bird. Came in with 7 others.

And here is my helper.  For whatever reason she was infatuated with its eyes.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

WildSpur

My man!  Wtg!  With 7 others!?!?!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Deputy 14

Yea. I hunted field birds all day. They have broke back up into bachelor groups it appears. I saw these and didn't give it much thought about them all being gobblers, I thought maybe some hens and jakes mixed in until they all started gobbling. It was exciting for about a minute and a half.

WildSpur

Wow!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Hayudog

Good looking 2 year old.  Congrats.

longbeard11

Been a very weird season here in WV this year, like turkeys never did break up. Everyone I know is calling in multiple birds together and i know several that called in and killed birds that came running to a gobble call and wouldnt answer a hen call at all. Really has been a strange year for sure. Congrats on a good bird!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird!! :icon_thumright:
I called in 6 together one day last season for my then girlfriend. That's some exciting stuff!! Was he the biggest?

Deputy 14

Honestly Jim I couldn't tell you. I was driving on the property I was hunting and was actually leaving and looked up another road and saw a flock of turkeys about 100yds from where I was at. I pulled my truck out of sight and gathered my stuff. I walked about 40 yards and laid down against a bank and gave one series ofloud yelps. I was watching them when I did that and all of them gobbled at the same time and came at me in a dead run. When the first bird got in range I shot and killed a poplar tree dead. When I shot they made a hard left into a field and this was the last bird in line. When he hit the field I gave him a loud cut and he stopped, gobbled again, and paid hell for love. It was definatley and interesting minute and a half.

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like it!!! :lol:
From down in the dumps to super exciting in 2 minutes!!! :icon_thumright:

WV TURKEY THUG

TURKEYWHACKER

Congrats on your bird, sounds like an interesting hunt for sure. :icon_thumright: