OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Anybody still huntin  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Onpoint

• Longbeard
Anybody still huntin
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »
Just wandering if any of y'all are still goin after em.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
Re: Anybody still huntin
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »
I have one tag and our season closes Saturday at 1pm.  I was out yesterday.  Still trying to get over a sinus infection and the birds are still henned up so I came to work today.  I may get out friday if the weather holds.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:11:38 PM »
I'm all done. Only one bird allowed in NH. Trying to see if anybody needs someone to call for them just to get back out in the woods!

Offline Onpoint

• Longbeard
Anybody still huntin
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »
Kentucky seasons over, Tennessee's over. I would love to go somewhere else but I've had to miss it of work due to my shoulder and don't have the money to ditch out for another non resident tag. That out of state huntin gets expensive. I got a surgery scheduled for my shoulder on June 6 so hopefully they get me lined out. I'm concerned about bein able to pull my bow after I recover though. Might have to get a lower poundage setup for this year.
Good luck to you west Augusta. Get out there and enjoy the last few days of your season and maybe you'll pop ole big boy.
Chatterbox, congrats on a great season. I'm really happy for you and your son. The memories y'all make chasin these stubborn birds will last a life time. It's the best medicine there is. Best of luck to y'all in seasons to come.
I'd like to thank everybody for sharing their hunts and givin me and my wife a place here on the widowmakers.
Id like to give a special thanks to our captain Bill. I called bill several times throughout the season just to BS and talk about how the season was goin. He's a fine man and I'm proud to call him my friend.
To the rest of you guys still huntin, good luck, be safe, kill a biggun, and most importantly have fun.

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 10:15:14 AM »
I'm done.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline longspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
Finished. Had a good time. Didn't do much posting during season. Some folk wonder why I dissapear during turkey season. They don't think about all the stuff you have to do when its not season still has to be done. Did anybody read A Turkey Addict's Yelp For Help in the May American Hunter?

Offline sadkins

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

Offline SheGotHoOks

Anybody still huntin
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 11:20:35 AM »
@ sadkins... you have to gt on the 2014 team turkey contest/ then to widow makers.. Your posting in our old threads! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Charley B

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »
Season is about to open here in Quebec and Ontario, April 25 to May 31.  So, expect some more from me  :OGturkeyhead:

Offline SheGotHoOks

Anybody still huntin
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »
Good luck Charley...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Charley B

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »
Oups old thread heheheheheeh sorry about that.