turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Slate call advice needed

Started by BIGBOB, May 08, 2013, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBOB

I am looking to buy a high quality slate call. I like to use one softly early in the morning to get their attention. Any help would be appreciated.

pappy

My son inlaw has made several great sounding pots with slate over glass, if you pm me I will give you his telephone number...he has a killer pot made out of some sweet walnut that screams turkey as soft or as heavy as you need...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

jscrapmetal

Mudpuppi custom call. Graig makes a great slate.

Chris Downs

For me, it's hard to top the Woodhaven Legend Slate. 

VAarrowslinger

sabutler2

Can't beat Lonnie Sneed's Hot Hen slate. 

Okiehntr12

Lonnie Sneed makes this little tree call. If you want soft that's what this little call is all about.

Turkey Trot

There is a lot of good pot call makers on this board and elsewhere.

I like Lonzo's calls very well and he has won the DD Adams Award with them for a reason.

I have a slate in walnut pot call made by Beardhunter (Russell Beard) that stands up against any.  A number of guys have tried to get that call away from me, and I'm not sure if Russell is making a full sized slate now because it's not on his website.  M Sharpe may know the answer.

But if you want slate for soft calling, you might consider his new purr pot.  I'm going to get one for myself during the off season.  Check out these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2AumOyOqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhNGxlEupQ

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

West Augusta

Lonnie Sneed
Hot Hen
Raspy Old Hen
or
Tree Caller
All quality calls at $30 each. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

BIGBOB

Thanks to everybody for your help.

mozer67

Where can you order Lonnie Sneed's calls ?

Hankyorke

Quote from: mozer67 on May 15, 2013, 06:52:41 AM
Where can you order Lonnie Sneed's calls ?
He only does phone orders. Use the search to find his number. He'll play them over the phone for you, super nice guy.

TJK68

Lights Out makes a great call as well, I have a few of them. Now about Lonnie Sneed, he is a personal friend of mine, we live in the same town, and his calls are hard to beat. Just so you know, he is having a tough time right now his wife is really sick, but leave him a message and he will get back to you. I talked with him the other night on the phone and he is trying to get caught up. Lonnie is a super gentleman and a great hunter, hard to beat him all the way around.
Tom

Onpoint

Like all then others have said Lonnie's calls are hard to beat. There's lots of good calls out there but for the money you just can't go wrong with Mr. Sneeds calls. I have 3 and wouldn't part with any of em.

Rope

If you call Lonnie,you better have plenty of time to talk. Great guy with real good calls.
Freedom is NOT free