OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Some awesome Turkey pics

Started by longbeard11, May 08, 2013, 09:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

There is corn on the ground in the picture on 4-17 and on 4-18 . And you are standing in the pic with a gun on 4-18.... Something seems wrong there :OGturkeyhead:

runngun

Yep

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

spaightlabs

:hb2:
Quote from: WW on May 08, 2013, 04:31:35 PM
There is corn on the ground in the picture on 4-17 and on 4-18 . And you are standing in the pic with a gun on 4-18.... Something seems wrong there :OGturkeyhead:

The gun pic is dated 5/4.

Don't be an Internet fish cop.

Gawhitaker

Cool pics, thanks for sharing

ElkTurkMan

coyotetrpr

Nice pics, I would love the opportunity to hunt over corn but MDC says I cant and it is not worth the fine. Can't see a problem putting corn out for some pics.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

WV Ridge Reaper

No difference in hunting a corn field.Just a ideal grass seed etc and bird seed is harder to see in pics.

Although WV law says no hunting turkey over bait.What I call hunting over bait and you call hunting over bait may be two different things.

For all we know the OP killed this bird 50-100 yards from this corn..That is not hunting over bait.

Onpoint

Hunting 50 yards from a bait pile IS hunting over bait. If I had to throw corn out to kill a turkey I'd quit huntin. But hey if that's what u gotta do go for it. Prolly wouldn't brag about it though cuz what have you really accomplished?

catman529

Man those are some awesome pics. Makes me wish I had tags and some season left and could sit in some woods like that and hunt them some more. TN season ends on sunday.

DirtNap647

bigbird

boomer

longbeard11

I put corn out at that farm on 4/12, the turkey pics are dated 4/17, 4/18.  Our season started here on 4/22 and I wasnt able to hunt that farm until the weekend of 4/27 so that corn was long gone by the time I made it up there to hunt and well withing the regulations of our state.  The pic of my buddy carrying his turkey was this past weekend 5/4, so it was long after, and that turkey we killed was a mile and a half from where that camera is, we just stopped there on the way back to the truck to pull that camera card.  I would never hunt over corn, that farm is loaded with turkeys, there is no need to.  Im pure run and gun and that farm is my honey hole, has produced at least one turkey for me or a buddy for the last 8 years and the population is growing.
Corn is good to put out for pics and that is the only reason I do it.  Some people see it different than others and some people are just jealous, i guess thats what it boils down to.  I just thought they were awesome pics and wanted to share. Glad you guys enjoyed them :) Have a good rest of the season, a week left here in WV

Quote from: WW on May 08, 2013, 04:31:35 PM

Gobble!

As long as the state laws were followed, nothing wrong with what he did. Nice pics.

captin_hook

Quote from: Gobble! on May 09, 2013, 04:06:35 PM
As long as the state laws were followed, nothing wrong with what he did. Nice pics.
^^^ this. Nice pics.