OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kill #2

Started by gophert, April 30, 2013, 03:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Should I list this bird in the kill thread?  It didn't score as high as my first bird due to the shorter beard length.  What say you?

Video of other strutter we were after: http://youtu.be/k6g9RPCDcT4

surehuntsalot

congrats on the bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FullChoke

Tim,

Go ahead and put him on the kill board. We will use your highest scoring bird of the season, but that will come after it's all over.

Nice bird, video?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

I did not get a video of my actual kill.  Me and Leah were videoing, but this bird followed some hens to my right.  I would have let Leah shoot it, but he was on the right and "kinda far".  I left her sitting by the tree and sneaked up to the edge of the field where the field turns and goes back behind us.  He was strutting along a gravel road.  I shot him from there.  All the while there was another bird gobbling and coming in from our left.  I grabbed my bird and started working the other bird for Leah.  He came down the road, but never would leave these 3 hens that were with him.  He may have come to our decoys if a bunch of Jakes had not jumped and molested them for 30 minutes.  Those Jakes have it coming to them next year.  I attached the video of the other strutter and decoy flogging.  Enjoy