Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good luck to all the PA hunters tomorrow.

Started by captin_hook, April 26, 2013, 12:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamkeystonecountry

saturday was unreal here, we arrived at 4 am to get in about 3 miles in 20,000 acre tract of game lands, shortly after 7 am a guy and 2 kids walked right into our setup, i made my presence known and he said its state land he could hunt wherever he wanted, then shortly after two more guys come into my calls, 16 cars in parking lot when we left, no gobbling of course, today rainy here in 4C and again guy comes walking in to my set up and says hes hunted this spot for 5 years and wanted to see who was here, unreal to me that common decency and respect mean nothing to people anymore, ive taken so many turkeys that this past 2 days is making me not want to hunt anymore this season people need to remember that safety and common courtesy were once what made our hunting heritage great, back in mckean county where i come from people dont do that to each other but here in lebanon county its terrible, and to boot some of the absolute worst calling ive ever heard.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: teamkeystonecountry on April 29, 2013, 01:07:10 PM
saturday was unreal here, we arrived at 4 am to get in about 3 miles in 20,000 acre tract of game lands, shortly after 7 am a guy and 2 kids walked right into our setup, i made my presence known and he said its state land he could hunt wherever he wanted, then shortly after two more guys come into my calls, 16 cars in parking lot when we left, no gobbling of course, today rainy here in 4C and again guy comes walking in to my set up and says hes hunted this spot for 5 years and wanted to see who was here, unreal to me that common decency and respect mean nothing to people anymore, ive taken so many turkeys that this past 2 days is making me not want to hunt anymore this season people need to remember that safety and common courtesy were once what made our hunting heritage great, back in mckean county where i come from people dont do that to each other but here in lebanon county its terrible, and to boot some of the absolute worst calling ive ever heard.

What you described combined with not being able to hunt on Sundays is exactly why I drive clean through my home state to get to NY most weekends for hunting. I did have a good Saturday on Private land with the guys I took out but I won't touch public anymore
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

teamkeystonecountry

its just disheartening, 200 miles away in the very same state, people go to a place and theres a vehicle they keep on driving, down here they just dont care, not to mention with all the slate scraping and box smacking these birds are soo tight lipped its amazing, no such thing as common decency to your fellow sportsmen anymore, then a guy tells me this morning that he hasnt heard a turkey yet, so i pointed to the 8 vehicles parked and all the less than impressive calling and i said thats why, down here in lebanon county its very bad, and of course im new to the area and only land i can hunt is public since i dont know anyone here, its rough really going to consider no hunting around here, sad sad thing

WildTigerTrout

I'm glad I live in the NC part of the state. Not quite as much pressure here with all the public land available.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!