turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What chokes would you get???

Started by gobblingghost, March 07, 2011, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

You must not be looking for a hunting pattern, cause if you happen to get 400 in 10" at 40 yards then a 15 - 20 yards you are shooting a 22 rifle, well that is a little exaggeration, but may not be too far off.  No thanks, for hunting purposes 200-250 at 40 in 10" is perfect, imo.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gobblingghost

Someone ask how the pattern is in a 20" circle at 40yrds. Trying to draw a circle with tape measure is not easy but from best i can tell. there is less 100 shot outside a 20" mark. I'll count exactly when I can sit down.

gobblingghost

Someone asked about the pattern in a 20" circle. Outside the 20" circle there were 77 pellets on the paper. As far as the 90% it's goal, we'll see what kind of pattern I get when my new choke gets in.

chatterbox

gobblingghost

mcgruff1533

Quote from: gobblingghost on March 10, 2011, 06:17:32 PM
Camera died

Batteries are cheap... take a photo of that target and email the pic to me.    I'll even post it for ya.

gobblingghost

Battery is new camera died time for a new one

Hootowl

Camera is Broke, Come On Man, With a Pattern Like That I would find away to get a Picture of that. I smell BS.....

Hoot

shootumindaface

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 13, 2011, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: Hootowl on March 12, 2011, 08:18:15 PM
Camera is Broke, Come On Man, With a Pattern Like That I would find away to get a Picture of that. I smell BS.....

Hoot

I agree, sounds like a bunch of excuses to me!

Its getting that time of year when folks come on these boards and post up some huge number better than anything we have seen through our collective efforts and than have no proof or anything..

Its getting to the point I look at certain folks threads only because I actually believe they have valid data.. Even pics anymore do not justify everything as their is no way of determining if they pace or measure 40 yards.. It also goes for bad patterns as well, joe scmo posts up X combo sucked in my gun and he fails to tell you he has put 500 rounds through his gun since its last cleaning and shot the choke before getting the grease out.. I also enjoy the posts where folks have shot 2,3,4 of the same combo to see consistency.. Any gun choke, load combo can put up huge numbers once, but is it repeatable..

bird

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 13, 2011, 11:20:36 AM
Any gun choke, load combo can put up huge numbers once, but is it repeatable..

Exactly.... Consistency is of the utmost priority when looking for the shell/choke/gun combination.   :icon_thumright:

archery1

i am sorry to say this. but do u know what yards are ? just seems like these numbers are way way to high
Take a kid hunting

tnturkeykiller

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 13, 2011, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: Hootowl on March 12, 2011, 08:18:15 PM

Hoot

I agree, sounds like a bunch of excuses to me!

Its getting that time of year when folks come on these boards and post up some huge number better than anything we have seen through our collective efforts and than have no proof or anything..

Its getting to the point I look at certain folks threads only because I actually believe they have valid data.. Even pics anymore do not justify everything as their is no way of determining if they pace or measure 40 yards.. It also goes for bad patterns as well, joe scmo posts up X combo sucked in my gun and he fails to tell you he has put 500 rounds through his gun since its last cleaning and shot the choke before getting the grease out.. I also enjoy the posts where folks have shot 2,3,4 of the same combo to see consistency.. Any gun choke, load combo can put up huge numbers once, but is it repeatable..
Why do you care Tom you have shot plenty of shells i think you know what that load will do we all know it is BS you are right it starts every year just before turkey season all the crap that is put out for true

gobblingghost

Went out Saturday, shot again I didn't break the 300 mark but I did get real close 296. If someone will pm me I'll send the picture and maybe they can get it posted. i have tried several times and I just get error messages. My new problem my B square mount busted so I have call them in the morning and try to get a new one sent.

longspur

Quote from: bird on March 13, 2011, 12:02:42 PM
Any gun choke, load combo can put up huge numbers once, but is it repeatable..

Exactly.... Consistency is of the utmost priority when looking for the shell/choke/gun combination.   :icon_thumright:

:agreed:  I posted 294 - 835 , IC.675 , HS 2 1/4 7s.  First shot was 262 which was second shot after cleaning (fired a cheap load first). Who knows what the next shot would be? Maybe more maybe less. I can kill him