turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

White Lightning

Started by Punisher, April 11, 2013, 10:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punisher

Just bought a couple of boxes of the Spectra Shot White Lightning shells.  I was wondering what chokes anybody has tried with these shells yet.  I thought Clark (or anyone else with experience with these shells) might be able to help me narrow down my choke options before I start shooting up a bunch of shells.  I will be running them through a Winny 1300 with the 22" barrel.  The chokes I currently have are three Kick's chokes (.655, .660, .665), an IC .660, Hastings (.645 and .665), and a CNC XX Full (.675 I think).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :cross2:

Philippe

I recently did some testing with those shells and out of my gun they seemed to like the tighter chokes and specifically the SSX. But for the performance they put out compaired to other shells they are not worth the costs.

Gumby

As Philippe said, start with the tighter chokes first. The patterned very evenly for me. I did not try many different combos at the patterning board but they did seem to like a little tighter constriction. Don't let the fact that the numbers in the 10 at 40 may not be as high as some other loads discourage you. Notice how even the pattern is all through your 10" and 20" circles. That seemed to be their strength in my opinion.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Didn't someone say that they have oversized #6 pellets?  Like 5.5's maybe?

1 5/8 ounces of 5.5's?

Gumby

They are oversized 6s

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Take the Large Hard 6's into account with the 10" numbers.
We don't normally expect super-high numbers with large pellets.
If these are bigger than 6's, and still turn 130-150+, they will be a head knocker for sure.

I look forward to seeing these patterns, especially if they are nice and even.

Philippe

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 12, 2013, 03:50:17 PM
If these are bigger than 6's, and still turn 130-150+, they will be a head knocker for sure.

They wont turn those kinda numbers. I tested them with 8 different chokes, the thugs have these beat by a mile at half the cost.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Philippe on April 12, 2013, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 12, 2013, 03:50:17 PM

They wont turn those kinda numbers. I tested them with 8 different chokes, the thugs have these beat by a mile at half the cost.

that's good to hear,I really didn't expect much out of such a expensive lead shell
it's not the harvest,it's the chase