only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you weigh them?

Started by troutfisher13111, April 10, 2013, 03:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: troutfisher13111 on April 11, 2013, 05:56:22 AM
Quote from: woodchip on April 10, 2013, 10:50:40 PM
Officially is a turkey supposed to be weighed before field dressing(internals) or after?

Before

It depends,....if you are on our team in the contest, you weigh the bird before field dressing.  If you are on another team, I would recommend weighing it after you field dress it.    ;D ;D

tomstopper

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 11, 2013, 09:35:52 AM
Quote from: troutfisher13111 on April 11, 2013, 05:56:22 AM
Quote from: woodchip on April 10, 2013, 10:50:40 PM
Officially is a turkey supposed to be weighed before field dressing(internals) or after?

Before

It depends,....if you are on our team in the contest, you weigh the bird before field dressing.  If you are on another team, I would recommend weighing it after you field dress it.    ;D ;D
Nice.... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

J-Shaped

You don't need a scale. Every gobbler posted on the interweb is over 22lbs, and since it's on the interweb, that automatically makes it correct and truthful. Next I'll give you some pointers on measuring spurs..... ;D

Yooper

With your thumb on the scale...

GobbleNut

As far as I can tell, the best way to weigh your bird is to pick it up by the feet and raise it up and down a time or two.  Seems like most of those weighed that way are around thirty pounds. 
...And by the way, if you have to carry them out of the woods for a mile or two, they always gain about five pounds along the way.
   ;D ;D ;D