OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Kody Barfield First Turkey Kill  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Spareparts

Kody Barfield First Turkey Kill
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
Attached is a Pic of my Grandson Kody with his first Turkey kill. It had a 8 3/4" beard with 3/4" spurs. Kody was also with me when I killed my first Turkey, good memories right there! Kody was drawn for a youth hunt on a Public Wild Life Management area in South MS, we went in by boat before daylight then walked in about 1/2 mile in the mud because the river had recently been up, we hooted but got no response, but after fly down time we decided to set up and start some calling anyway but got no response, we continued working deeper into the woods, after about 3 setups and crossing about 3 sloughs we setup again to call and heard a hoot owl hoot followed by a gobble in the distance so I told Kody lets go, we went about 75 yards we set up and called he was hammering, but was hung up, wasn't sure why but figured it was a slough that had him hung up, so I told Kody we would continue to go to him but we would slip very slowly at a angle to him and just maybe we could get to the slough and draw him down the bank, but the bird angled with us, but was able to see the bird before he saw us, never hurts to be a little lucky sometimes, so we dropped right there and began calling, the bird was actually hung up on a muddy gum pond, but came right on around to our calling and Kody took the bird with the Winchester SX3 with 3 1/2" magnum blend at 34 steps, Kody was a trooper on a tough hunt.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:52:10 PM by Spareparts »

Offline Onpoint

• Longbeard
Kody Barfield First Turkey Kill
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »
Congrats, he'll be hooked for life now

Offline Ferguson

Re: Kody Barfield First Turkey Kill
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:47:21 AM »
 :icon_thumright:
David Ferguson
Eminence, MO
573 226 5939

Offline JoeS5

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
Way to go what an awesome hunt! :z-winnersmiley:

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
Awesome. Congrats to that young man.....