OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looked what happened to me.... :(

Started by turkeykiller22, March 07, 2011, 12:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

Quote from: S.C.C on March 07, 2011, 09:16:39 PM
They do make them without the skinny slotted ports!!I'm sure you couldn't crack one of those with any shot size!! ;D

They use to make the "Platinum Pro Elite"  Which was the same choke just not ported....I liked it personally.   Don't know why they quit making it.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

shootumindaface

Quote from: drum817 on March 07, 2011, 09:19:52 PM
Quote from: S.C.C on March 07, 2011, 09:16:39 PM
They do make them without the skinny slotted ports!!I'm sure you couldn't crack one of those with any shot size!! ;D

They use to make the "Platinum Pro Elite"  Which was the same choke just not ported....I liked it personally.   Don't know why they quit making it.
You think they would have kept it around for the Feds

Skeeterbait

Stuart told me about 9 months ago he could make me one unported, just pull it off the line before the slots were machined.  But he advised me against it because he said the slots really do make a difference in the pattern by stopping the rotation of the wad before it exited the choke.

TNhunterKMC

Quote from: roosthigh on March 07, 2011, 07:36:25 PM
Looks to me like IC needs to have a recall on this older tube before someone gets hurt.

+1 on this one.  I have 2 of the IC chokes - one on my 870 super mag and one on my son's 870 20 gauge.  Have they identified a "Lot" by serial #, and do they have individual serial #s on them?

reynolds243

Mine says SS stamped in the choke right before the diameter. Although if these were just switched to it in Jan there is really no telling if it is any better. Am i a tad nervous sure but ALL products have some defects in them. adding to that the amount of IC users on here you are bound to find some and in not all cases it is the actual chokes fault fully as some can be untold user error.  I will keep shooting mine and if see any sign of issues i will just call them and see whats going on and what my options are.

archery1

cant upload pics..says path was not correct. how do u post pics. i have an ic choke that has grooves inside. shot only hevi shot through it
Take a kid hunting

reynolds243

Quote from: archery1 on March 07, 2011, 11:01:12 PM
cant upload pics..says path was not correct. how do u post pics. i have an ic choke that has grooves inside. shot only hevi shot through it

if the groves are horizontal and not vertical that is how they come...its what slowes the wad down.

HogBiologist

Quote from: archery1 on March 07, 2011, 11:01:12 PM

Go to your picture on your host sight (photobucket, Facebook, etc) right click on the pic.  Select properties.  You will see a URL listed.  Right click that and select "select all".  Right click on the highlited URL and select copy.  on this page when you select the image Icon which places the [ img ][ /img], paste the copied link between the [ img]link here[/img]
Certified Wildlife Biologist

turkeykiller22

Talked with stuart last night, and he is a super nice guy!! Great costumer service, and he is sending me my money back!!! Thanks guys!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

sugarray

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on March 08, 2011, 11:05:36 AM
Talked with stuart last night, and he is a super nice guy!! Great costumer service, and he is sending me my money back!!! Thanks guys!

What are you going to get now?

mnbeardbuster

Makes me wonder about the Super Mad Max. Weren't they made by IC as well?

Gobble!

Quote from: mnbeardbuster on March 08, 2011, 12:52:43 PM

Someone here has a picture of one of them all blown out

shootumindaface

Its Flydown with the picture some in the know claim they WERE made by IC and some in the know Claim they WERE NOT made by IC..

All I know is if somebody cloned something in looks as close as these two, their would be a lawsuit

turkeykiller22

I dont know yet... Im taking my gun to one of the best gun smiths in the world on monday! Im gonna see what he has to say about them, and im gonna shoot numerous ones at the range. I would like to try a rhino choke, but for right now i still have my JH and the hevi-shot choke that came out last year.
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Flydown

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 08, 2011, 01:05:47 PM
Its Flydown with the picture some in the know claim they WERE made by IC and some in the know Claim they WERE NOT made by IC..

All I know is if somebody cloned something in looks as close as these two, their would be a lawsuit

M.A.D.SuperMax Rem. 870 12 ga.  Shooting Remington Hevishot #5's :o
The gun was not hurt in the destroying of this choke tube ;D ;D ;D