Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could hunt one day with any turkey hunter??

Started by 1tiogabowhunter, March 30, 2013, 08:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

chatterbox

Quote from: Daman on March 31, 2013, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on March 31, 2013, 11:28:12 AM
I can't narrow it down to one.....
I have 3. Guesswho, and the Holmes' brothers!
They are the reason there are no more turkeys in Bama' ;D

I would love to go with these guys! Guys who get it done year in year out in Bama are good at what they do!

BUT, if I had to choose just one I had it Friday and he killed a gobbler! My granddad has cancer and is going through treatments. I was able to get him and a buddy of mine on birds Friday morning. For all I know this is his last season before he goes to be with his Lord, but we hope and pray not! He is doing well and his treatments aren't making him sick so maybe he will beat it!!!

I pray every time I get to go with him - "Lord just give me one more hunt with this man please."

He is ready to be with his Lord who he has devoted the last 50 years of his life to, but man do I want him here with us a long time to come!

:jesus-cross:
Damon,God Bless both of you. I was thrilled to read this. So glad you got him on a gobbler, and he was able to seal the deal.
We never know how much time we have on our Creators' earth, so living each day to it's fullest is of the upmost importance.
God Bless you, and job well done!

Mike

ILIKEHEVI-13

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Anyone who is responsible for watching 30+ turkeys each spring die is someone I'd love to observe in the turkey woods.

The old guys were cool but they didn't have near the experience of some of the killers running around in the woods these days.

lightsoutcalls

I would like to hunt with Alex Rutledge.  He is a hoot.  I've had the privelege of spending time with him on several occasions and he can really tell some stories.

The other person I would like to hunt with is Scott Hook. He guided my daughter on her first turkey hunt.  It was an awesome hunt and Scott is a great guy to just sit and talk with.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

reflexl

I would have to say Jerry Peterson. I consider him a friend but have never hunted with him. He has a amazing knowledge of turkeys. He used to come down to Lincoln Co when the sight in shop was here and do turkey seminars. he was instrumental in creating the turkey culture here. reflexl

CT Spur Collector

My dad.

He's been gone since 1988 and I miss him more now than ever.

Gooserbat

Preston Pittman
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RIStrutStopper

Quote from: simmonds on April 01, 2013, 12:13:01 PM
Ted Nugent!!!!   

A guy I know at work is a wounded warrior. I was shooting 3D yesterday with someone who works with us he tells me that Uncle Ted is taking him (the wounded warrior guy) turkey hunting in Maine this season. He's going to get all kinds of swag too, new gun, etc. Gonna be on tv too... This guy went thru hell and he deserves it. Also found out he went fishing with Jimmy Buffet, been taken on pheasant hunts, etc.

I don't know who I'd want to go with, so many pros. Probably Ray Eye...

jakebird

Another vote for my Grandad . As cool as it would be to share a hunt with a legendary pro or a tv celebrity, I'd trade every last one of them for one more hunt with Grandad. Miss you every day.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

hwy419

spur collector

Archibald Rutledge or my father who passed I n 97

Devastator

Scott Hook,so he could here how great his call's sound with me running them  :TooFunny:.another would be Ben Rodgers Lee.

sixbird

Quote from: Daman on March 31, 2013, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on March 31, 2013, 11:28:12 AM
I can't narrow it down to one.....
I have 3. Guesswho, and the Holmes' brothers!
They are the reason there are no more turkeys in Bama' ;D

I would love to go with these guys! Guys who get it done year in year out in Bama are good at what they do!

BUT, if I had to choose just one I had it Friday and he killed a gobbler! My granddad has cancer and is going through treatments. I was able to get him and a buddy of mine on birds Friday morning. For all I know this is his last season before he goes to be with his Lord, but we hope and pray not! He is doing well and his treatments aren't making him sick so maybe he will beat it!!!

I pray every time I get to go with him - "Lord just give me one more hunt with this man please."

He is ready to be with his Lord who he has devoted the last 50 years of his life to, but man do I want him here with us a long time to come!

:jesus-cross:

Hopefully the Lord will answer your prayers and give you many more seasons together...I'm cheering for him!
What you said really made me think about who I'd like to hunt with and I keep coming back to my old buddy who has moved to Maine. We don't hunt together any more but I'm often out in the woods and something happens and I find myself thinking "Man, if old Kelly could see that!" Or, "If Kelly had been with me we could have teamed up on that bird..."
I think I'd rather hunt with my old buddy Kelly than a celebrity...Just something special about the bond between him and me...