OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This Is Vaturkey's Fault - Haymaker Rem .670 Choke

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 28, 2013, 06:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThe Star Dot in the 835

That's a well proven winner.

What would be interesting, is to have an Indian Creek .665 with Wad Catchers, and another Without Wad Catchers.  Mic both out to exactly .665, just so it's apples to apples.  Then have a shoot off in the same gun, with 3 shells each.  My money (if I was a betting man, that is) would be on the choke with the Wad Catchers.

For the non-Indian Creek users, these are internal rings inside the choke that contact the outside of the wad a full 360 degrees, and there are several of these rings inside these chokes.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The 30 Straight Parallel Ports definitely stop the rotation of the wad prior to it exiting the barrel.  All of the wads I've shot have 30 straight parallel grooves cut into them.  I like that, even if it doesn't improve patterns by ??% on paper, etc.  It should improve consistency.

Multiple Wad Catchers and the added drag of 30 straight parrallel grooves have to slow the wad down better than any other choke design I've seen.

If nothing else, I really enjoy discussing the subject.  ILikeHevi13 has certainly posted some awesome Hevi13 #7 patterns.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: chbarnha on March 29, 2013, 08:59:36 PM
where did you all get this choke? i have looked online and cant seem to find it...

I bought mine at a local store where I live. 

But you can buy them here.  Cheapest place I know of. 

http://www.wingsupply.com/shooting-accessories/turkey-chokes/down-n-dirty-outdoors-haymaker-choke-tubes/

3" 870 Shell Shucker

ILIKEHEVI-13, please let me know if the 30 ports still cut 30 grooves in the base of the wad.  I find it interesting that this is a ported choke that's OK to use with the FCW.  Interesting exit diameter too.

ILIKEHEVI-13

The ports are what I like to use the phrase for decoration puposes only.  They don't go all the way through to the inside of choke.  So that's why this choke can shoot any load.  I didn't undersatand that at first until I looked through it.  So it really isn't a ported choke, but it looks like it is from a picture. 

sixbird

Seems as though everybody is out of Haymakers for Bennelli Crio bbls.

Borden811

I just ordered one today, from eBay. He had 4 left at 11am this morning

Fullfan

Sounds like a winner, But has anyone shot the Federal Heviweights through this yet??
Don't gobble at me...

sixbird

Thanks Borden...There's only one left now... ;D
Does this mean I'll never miss again???

chipper

When we gonna see a pattern brad? Lets see that 870 shoot them #300325 #7's! I got 5 boxes of that lot number myself.

ILIKEHEVI-13

My 870 is a 3" and not 3.5".  That choke was a big disappointment in my 870.  I shot straight 7's and magblends.  The best it did was 180 with the 7's and 125 with the blends.  I took the choke back and got my money back.  It didn't work for me in my gun.  I had high hopes, but it was simply put and under acheiver. 

Borden811

I believe he shot it, and based on a comment he made in another thread, I don't think the patterns were worth posting. I ran the Haymaker .670 in my benelli sbeII, and compared it to my i.C. .665 with the same shells, on the same day. It shot good, but with every shell I tried in it, the .665 put 15-25 more pellets in the 10. Both chokes did shoot nice even patterns however. I shot it with hevi 13 2.25oz 7's(293~275), 2oz winchester XR 6's(187~162), hevi shot 1 5/8oz 5's(122~105), and federal thugs 2oz 6's(119~99). The numbers in parenthesis after the shells are what the chokes shot, I.C. listed first, Haymaker second. All shots were at 40 yards, 65 degrees, with a slight breeze, barrel cleaned between every shot. I didn't take any pics.

Borden811

chipper

I stand by all guns and chokes are not created equally.