OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Burris Fastfire III - 8moa - BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.... now not so much!

Started by TNhunterKMC, March 27, 2013, 09:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhunterKMC

Wanting to minimize the real estate used by my optic on my beak buster I just ordered a new FFIII - 8moa.   It should be here Friday.  Hopefully I can get it sighted in and use it on opening day Saturday.

BTW - moved my Truglo - TRU•BRITE OPEN RED•DOT SIGHT from my beak buster to my M&P 15-22.  That thing just sat way too high on my B-Square saddle mount.

UPDATE:

Received the sight just about 30 minutes ago.  Promptly took it out of the package, put the battery in, attached it to the picatinny mount.  All great up until I grabbed my shotgun (870 super magnum with B-Square saddle mount) and proceeded to mount the sight.   Well - this IS NOT compatible with this B-Square weaver style mount.   It has square slots and the round cross slot under the mount is too big to let the sight slip all the way down.  HUGE LETDOWN. 

Has anyone else run into this issue with a B-Square mount?

DirtNap647

good move i love my ff2 best sight i ever bought so far

chatterbox

Fantastic sight!!!!! Best I have ever used on a turkey gun!

TNhunterKMC

Update in original post.  Seems this picatinny mount isn't compatible with my B-Square saddle mount on my 870 super magnum.  CRAP!

lr308

Same thing happened to me with my b-square cantilever mount. Take the right size file and 5 minutes your good to go.

mudhen

Yep, take a Dremel to it, doesn't take much to make it fit, I've done to many bases with good results...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

btmonnat

My weaver base was the same way. I ended up filing the slot in the base bigger so it would give a good tight fit. The nice thing about it is you can get a tight fit and when you get your FF III mounted you can not see where you filed it anyway. I really like mine. Hope this helps.

shuey270

My dad and I both have 870 super mags with B-Square mounts with the FF III. The 3rd slot in the mount worked fine, the first slot did not fit!

TNhunterKMC

Used a file this afternoon on the third slot from the rear and fixed my problem. Widened the slot and made it deeper taking it slow and easy.  It is a very fine line between getting the slot deep enough and filing all the way through the mount.  It thins out in the middle of the slot since this mount is one you can see underneath.  Sight mounted securely now.  Got it dialed in for my 3" Hevi shot magnum blends.  Now maybe I will be able to drop a bead on a turkey beak tomorrow.

BurrisOptics

Hmmmm this is good to know.  I wasn't aware they weren't fitting on some weaver mounts.  I'll pass this on and see if we can get a fix for this.  Not sure what can be done but it's worth looking into.