Southwest Alabama

Started by R AJ, March 27, 2013, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Ha ha; that's awesome man!!  :)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

davisd9

Anyone in Pickens Co along the Sipsey River?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bamagtrdude

Davis, I'm up in Samantha, in NW Tuscaloosa Co; very close to Fayette Co. line.  Pickens is to my SW.
---

davisd9

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 06, 2014, 04:44:48 AM
Davis, I'm up in Samantha, in NW Tuscaloosa Co; very close to Fayette Co. line.  Pickens is to my SW.

Thanks for the reply.  Going to be hunting Pickens on the Sipsey on the 20th - 23rd.  Any idea how things are looking over that way?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bamagtrdude

Quote from: davisd9 on March 06, 2014, 07:36:39 AM
Thanks for the reply.  Going to be hunting Pickens on the Sipsey on the 20th - 23rd.  Any idea how things are looking over that way?

Well, I saw a pic from Pickens Co. where there was a strutter & a bunch of hens; around here, spotted a bunch, but no gobbling as of yet.
---

davisd9

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 06, 2014, 09:17:01 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 06, 2014, 07:36:39 AM

Well, I saw a pic from Pickens Co. where there was a strutter & a bunch of hens; around here, spotted a bunch, but no gobbling as of yet.

Thanks a million for the information. Looking forward to hunting the grand state of Alabama. Have hunted Mississippi but this is my first trip to Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamagtrdude

---

ericjames

Well I didnt hear any gobbling this morning, it started raining pretty good about 10 min. after 6. Maybe tomorrow morning.. Good luck davisd9!

davisd9

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 06, 2014, 09:25:22 AM
Good luck man!!

Quote from: ericjames on March 06, 2014, 09:34:24 AM
Well I didnt hear any gobbling this morning, it started raining pretty good about 10 min. after 6. Maybe tomorrow morning.. Good luck davisd9!

Thanks to you both!  Hope to get on and see longbeards from you both!  Good luck!

Calcium

Anyone heard any around Clarke County?

ericjames

Washington county here. I ain't heard any yet!

Calcium

I was in Baldwin County last weekend listening...didn't hear anything...had some buddies in Clarke and north Mobile that didn't hear any either last weekend

alclark2

I'll be heading that way 3/21. South of Tuscaloosa. I hope it's not FREEZING like last year. I brought my my spring gear, not my winter gear. Anyway, I hope they cut loose soon. I know they will.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

J Hook Max

Been out this morning in Monroe County. Cloudy, cold and windy. Heard nothing in an area that I know has several toms.

ericjames

Hope they tighten up before next weekend.