turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler Yelps

Started by jbrown, May 18, 2023, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Marc

Anyone have a link  to actual gobblers and jakes yelping?

I have certainly watched jakes yelp, and and seen/heard a tom or two...  But not enough to practice by emmulation as I can with hens...  Listening to, and watching a couple jakes yelp this season, there is a different pitch/tone, and a very different cadence to their yelp.

Watching YouTube videos, it seems that a lot of hunters sound closer to a tom/jake yelp than a hen, and very often they are killin' birds.

If anyone has a video or audio link to actual live toms/jakes yelping, I am sure it would be worth a listen for all of us on the forum!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Bill

Quote from: Marc on April 25, 2024, 11:49:54 AMAnyone have a link  to actual gobblers and jakes yelping?

A great source would be most any of Lovett Williams "Real Turkeys". cd's. My favorite is #6.

http://www.lovettwilliams.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merriamsman

Quote from: 3bailey3 on September 16, 2023, 05:25:09 PMNotsoyoung thaks for sharing the video, never gets old watching Rodger run his caller!
I second that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Massey

Roger Parks, seminar / Youtube video at Unicoi is some of the best information you could watch and learn from about gobbler / Jake yelps etc..