turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Chokes for rem 887?

Started by barryboy08, March 20, 2013, 09:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryboy08

So I just recently purchased a Remington 887 and was out patterning it.  I love the gun but I need to get a new choke any suggestions?

Oconeeguy

I assume it has same barrel inside diameter as a Remington 870. If so, it will shoot well with a Jellyhead .665 and Hevi-13 #6. Magblends do well with that combo also.

firstflight111

I have and hunt with the 887 in 28" barrel, i shoot federal 3.5" mag shok 5s and 6s and run a Carlson extend non ported ex and super full chokes .great pattern at all yards .i am very happy with this set up .and i also have it for my 870 12 GA and my 870 20 GA .and run the same chokes in all 3 of them .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

allaboutshooting

Quote from: barryboy08 on March 20, 2013, 09:16:47 PM
So I just recently purchased a Remington 887 and was out patterning it.  I love the gun but I need to get a new choke any suggestions?

Congratulations on your new gun and glad to hear that you're happy with it. That gun has the standard Remington bore and uses Rem-Chokes just like the standard gun, so you have a lot of choices for a turkey choke. Many will work very well in that gun. I shoot a number of Remington guns and find that Pure Gold, JEB's, Wright's, SSX and Hevi-13 chokes, while quite different in design, all work well.

I do recommend that you "deep clean" the bore of that gun, as well as your turkey choke, for best results with whatever choke you choose.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."