OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 510 MINI 20 ga (Now with Pattern Pics)

Started by Chilly, March 19, 2013, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Quote from: Chilly on March 27, 2013, 10:07:42 AM
Factory Full .590" and GSX .570"
Both patterned at 33 yards 1 1/8oz FED HW #7
Was the factory choke the full flush mount?

Chilly

Yes, the factory full choke is flush mount.  It measures .590"
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

chatterbox

Quote from: Chilly on April 03, 2013, 07:10:12 AM
Thanks. And you had no issue shooting the fed heviweight 7's through it? I might have to try some of those!

3seasons

That's cool, hope he gets one. 

My little girl was a little apprehensive about shooting the new 20ga also. Once I talked her into trying it.  I poured all but abut 1\3oz of the shot out of some dove loads and packed the shell with paper.  I shook up some sprite cans and set them out. I had her sitting between my legs as if we were hunting.  She was timid at first so I just told her close her eyes and pull the trigger, I promised her I wouldn't do anything that would hurt her.  She missed the can her first shot, the next 3 she sent sprite and parts of cans flying everywhere. She was grinning ear to ear. 

I've found with young kids or anyone that is just starting out its better to have some sort of visual reward for hitting your target. Most everyone likes things that blow up, be it sprite cans or pumpkins filled with water. Heck Im 35 and I still love blowing stuff up,lol

beagler

I just put a Hevishot Choke (.573) in my daughter's 510 MIni Turkey Thug. I'll let you know how it shoots the Hevi 13 #7's I just picked up as well. Waiting for a decent day to shoot it out back. Today it was only 40 degrees out with high winds.
Never Misses

Chilly

Quote from: chatterbox on April 03, 2013, 05:16:10 PM
Quote from: Chilly on April 03, 2013, 07:10:12 AM
Thanks. And you had no issue shooting the fed heviweight 7's through it? I might have to try some of those!

No problems at all. 
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!