OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

T&TH Magazine No Longer

Started by CASH, March 13, 2013, 03:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alclark2

I picked up a few copies and liked it. I subscribed for a year but couldn't get on board with paying 17 a year for 6 mags. All my other mags are monthly and are 10 a year. It was a great magazine though.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Publicland

mudhen

Not good news, but I would be surprised if another one doesn't come along someday.

In my industry, some magazines are going out, and then coming back as quarterly, bi-monthly, annuals, etc.

I know T&TH tried this already, but turkey hunting is not a year long passion for many, and you can only have so many stories about fall turkey hunting.

Maybe D&DH could print 3-4 turkey issues a year?

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

earlybird

I hate to hear that,it was one of the 2 mag's that i really looked forward too getting. :(

Clif Owen

Sure hate to hear this..there is a reason why I don't subscribe to D&DH...or didn't until now. Glad I didn't renew yet.

paboxcall

I enjoy Jim Spencer's writing so much, always looked for and read his works first when the new T&TH showed up.

This news bums me out.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Old Gobbler

Its the sign of the times , with all the competing forms of media , especially the internet , and cable hunting shows , T&TH was obviously having a difficult time - It looks to still maintain a seasonal special edition for the spring 2014 this is when the bulk of most turkey hunters look to focus on turkey hunting- I hope T&TH manages to get it back into circulation one day soon - I guess we will have to put up with Field & Streams "Top Ten Ways to Bag your Gobbler" articles from now on -   

I used to be a paid advertiser for T&TH many years ago with me and my fathers call company , we got plenty of business from the adds we placed , they were expensive back then and are even more these days -For the last few years  I used to go page by page in the turkey hunting specialized magazine(s) and count how many call companies could or would take out add space throughout the year - I remember one time in another magazine only 3 call companies or callmakers could afford it at that time of year - with the cost of production of the articles and printing and circulation , the cost has to go somewhere

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

dawgfrombama

I hate to hear that.  I've got every issue of T&TH since 2006.  Everytime I got an issue, I would open it and go straight to "Bad Birds".  To me that column is worth the price of the magazine.

CallDr

I can see why they would stop shipping out a hard copy........ I just can't figure out or know why they did not offer a Digital Copy.

www.wildtalker.com

wvboy

That sucks.. I love the Bad Birds article by Jim Spencer in every issue..

I don't like Turkey Country and now this happens.. I have not liked the NWTF version since it was Turkey Call ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

ncturkey

That is sad to hear. I got a three year subsciption.

Snoody Bastid

To echo everyone else I will miss it too. I like the fact that it was a hunting mag about turkeys only. I remember a turkey hunting mag back in the late 80's or early 90's called Beards & Spurs. My old patrol partner at the time thought it was an "alternative lifestyle" magazine until I showed him the cover. I still laugh at that one..

land cruiser

Are there any other magazines on the same subject?

Shoregobbler

I too will miss Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine.Always looked forward to receiving it especially the closer opening day approached. I hate change.

CASH

Quote from: land cruiser on March 17, 2013, 01:16:08 AM
Are there any other magazines on the same subject?

Just Turkey Country, but that mag is just about everything, but turkey hunting now.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.