Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Official Kill Thread

Started by gdublongwilly, March 11, 2013, 08:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdublongwilly

Post your kills here.  Include your gobblermatic score along with the appropriated pic as the contest rules state.  Also, make sure you give us the story as well.  Can't wait to see how everyone makes out!!  :anim_25:

wvboy

Not a monster.. but a good start anyway.. Score 49 .. I guess I punched a number in wrong when I first calculated it and took the picture, but the score should be 49 not 49.1

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

appalachianstruttstopper

Florida double beard
beard one 9 1/8
beard tow 5 1/2
left spur/right spur 15/16, 15/16
weight 22lb
old gobbler score 70

03/22/2013

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: appalachianstruttstopper on March 27, 2013, 08:36:24 PM
Florida souble beard
beard one 9 1/8
beard tow 5 1/2
left spur/right spur 15/16, 15/16
weight 22lb
old gobbler score 70

wvboy

My Heaviest ever .. VA 4/16/13

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

theghost_03

"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

theghost_03

bcknuts

Very nice bird ghost.

Kevin
Kevin

gdublongwilly

Finally filled one of my tags.  Has been a season of close calls and getting messed up for me.  I put this guy down yesterday around 6:35 am.  Was a great show as there were two hens dusting for about 15-20 minutes about 40 yds out.  The Gobbler only broke strut twice, once to chase a Jake that had joined them and the other time when I shot him.  There were 3 rabbits between me and the turkeys and a deer in the background about 100 yds away when I shot this one.  Good show this morning.  Weighed 19.11 lbs, had 9 3/8" beard, 1" spur and a broken spur that measured 1/2".  Score is 52.86  Hopefully I can better that by the end of season.

gdublongwilly

theghost_03

Huntress

The Gobblematic score was 53.  The beard was just over 9.5 inches and each spur was 1".  Here are the pics for him! 

Took him on my last night out just before the storms hit.  Got between him and his roost and waited.  Tried sweet talking him, but his hen kept him all to herself.  Did my best to make her mad and one hour and forty five minutes into this, she brought him to me!  Nailed him at 15 yards with my crossbow.  I was never so relieved/happy!  2013 PA Spring Gobbler ended with a magnificent memory I will never forget.

Huntress

BTW he was taken on 5/22 in Pennsylvania.  I think that's everything now...maybe?