turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pics of past birds

Started by unclerick, February 07, 2011, 07:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Here is one more. That is all that I have on photobucket, if you want more I will have to scan them to my computer. :goofball:

turkeybow

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

turkeybow

NC State Gobbler

1st Gobbler

Tennessee Gobbler

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

turkeybow

~ Aldo Leopold

harvester

unclerick

I knew there was more pics of dead birds, nice birds.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

Here's a couple over the past few years

[attachment deleted by admin]

mfd1027

Hey Shane,  you're as pretty as ever!!! lol    You still thinking about "the"  deer?? lol   
Dan

gob09

my dream is when i retire is to get a small travel trailer and go around the country and hunt turkey's by then maybe i will have covinced christy that this is a sickness and she can come too....LOL

harvester

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 15, 2011, 10:35:37 PM
You still thinking about "the"  deer?? lol   

We GOTTA hear this story!!!
Nice lookin birds you got there.

ElkTurkMan

Hey Shane,  you're as pretty as ever!!! lol    You still thinking about "the"  deer?? lol   

Dan that deer still haunts me and were going on 16 years since I missed him.  I guess sometimes it's the animals you don't take that you remember the most.  BTW I love your pictures!  Some oif them the backgrounds did indeed look framilar.  I really liked your Mountain pics.  Were those from your Place in Kentucky?

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: moore on February 16, 2011, 07:58:35 AM
nice shane what part of ga you from.I got family in chatsworth
Thanks. I'm in Conyers, GA

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: harvester on February 16, 2011, 08:37:02 AM
You still thinking about "the"  deer?? lol   

We GOTTA hear this story!!!
Nice lookin birds you got there.

It's a painful memory.  Dan and I were bowhunting up In Iowa back in November of 1995.  My dad lived up there and had permission on a 365 acre farm.  Anyway I had hung a loc in a bottom where I had seen a lot of bucks past years hunting that farm.  One evening about 40 minutes before dark I catch movement on the ridge above me.  It was a large racked buck with a maller buck coming down the ridge.  The get down into the bottom with me and there about 75 yards away and coming towards.  When the get about 40-50 yards from the the big buck stops, and looks directly at me. He staring right threw me.  He suspects somethings a miss.  He stares at me for what seems like 5 minutes.  He didn't move  amuslce he just stopped and stared.  I'm in turn staring back trying to stop my shaking.  I keep thinking any minute he's gonna booger he never did.  After what was probably the longest 5 minutes of my life he put his head down and continued toward me. The little basket rack buck with him, goes of to the right of him, and gets ahead of him.  The basket ends up walking under me, then goes behind me to work a scrape.  The Big buck also goes to a scrape 18 yards from me to me left but in front of my stand.  When he get there he is still facing me NO shot!  Then he starts to work the scrape and turns quartering away.  You could not ask for a better shot.  Anyway I blew it.  I shot right under his chest.  I had the buck of a lifetime less than twenty yards away and didn't capatalize.  This deer was easlily in the 160"s  I've seen a lot of deer over the years hunting up there and I promise this deer was 160 if he was an inch.  I shot a buck on that same farm a few years later that scored 144 3/8, and this deer I missed was bigger.  As I type this I'm looking at me 144, and easliy the buck I missed was bigger than him.   It was a privledge to see a deer of that caliber that close.  I would be lying if I said I'm totally over it.  It still stings a little.  Anyway that's the story.   Thanks for bringing it up DAN!  LOL!       

mfd1027

I know you're using sights these days, rt??   and I've graduated to a compound. lol    Like I told you then it's the memories that count so consider it a blessing that you had the chance.   

Remember the midget pool player.   :TooFunny:   Now that's a memory. 
Dan

mfd1027

The pic's in the mtn's were taken in either Vt. or NH.   
Dan