Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

all these fancy new decoys out there

Started by SouthEastNC, March 07, 2013, 10:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerguide

I hunt and outfit in multiple states,KS ,NEB,OK and decoys are an integral part of getting mature birds to pitch down and come or close the distance in a huge field,plus as was said its cool to watch the interaction that dsd decoys get from real birds.Watching a mature gobbler beat up a decoy is a riot.
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

firstflight111

yes for the most part i sit in a blind, and yes i run decoys 7 or 9 of them the sceery inflateable ones ,love them i will run them till i can find any more of them  .and yes i sit and work my bird to me . to me it more rewarding to call that bird to me then chase after one .but everyones different just getting older i sit back and watch the day go by now ..i look at it this way i am out in the woods whats better then that .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Footballer

If I spotted one of the new strutting decoys in a field, I'd probably waste a whole lot of time trying to stalk and get within range of it!

mudhen

I'll be honest, I don't hunt turkeys for the cheap meat, I can buy that at the grocery store  ;D

I turkey hunt for the gobbles, the fans, the beards, the spurs, the whole 9 yards.

I love to SEE the birds  :icon_thumright:

I love to collect turkey hunting accessories, so gizmos and gadgets are my thing.

As to decoys specifically, we use them often, 100% of the time with archery and pellet guns, and I want the best decoy possible, so that's why I try to use the ultra-realistic decoys.

But, no decoy can be great too...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

SouthEastNC

to clarify - not knocking DSDs or other high-detail deekes.

i'm talking about the emergence of motion-decoys like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlDuY6eOvE
Go Heels, Go America

booth