turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Version of Thunderdome....

Started by pappy, March 06, 2013, 10:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

another good question is how long does that patent last being that it was issued Oct 8, 1996

"For applications filed on or after June 8, 1995, utility and plant patents are granted for a term which begins with the date of the grant and usually ends 20 years from the date you first applied for the patent subject to the payment of appropriate maintenance fees. Design patents last 14 years from the date you are granted the patent. Note: Patents in force on June 8 and patents issued thereafter on applications filed prior to June 8, 1995 automatically have a term that is the greater of the twenty year term discussed above or seventeen years from the patent grant. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pappy

That is a good question, I would say it has at least the latter, which looks to be the 20 years. And rightly should be so, so as to protect them from being copied to exact measurements....I can understand the need for this, but as little guys, I always wondered what it cost for a patent?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

WHERE
          ONE
                FAILS
                        ANOTHER
                                      KEEPS
                                               IT
                                                  ALIVE . . . . . . . . . :turkey2:
                                                   YOU GO PAPPY  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

VanHelden Game Calls

Well that was a fun read.  Now I am no patent attorney but after reading this I wonder how solid it is.

In the patent they discuss a molded in metal dome structure, molded in a plastic pot using a slate surface. And they go so far to say to be used with a carbon shaft striker.

The call is detailed in a way that it protects this variation and build but i wonder how enforceable the patent is to different call configurations?  Always best to contact the patent holder I guess and ask for permission.

I included the downloadable patent for those wondering, or needing some reading that makes you  :z-dizzy:

pappy

Thanks Van......went over the patent in the abstract it refers to the "dome"....
(A generally dome-shaped structure is positioned "within the housing" in spaced relationship from the planar slate member.)
Since mine is mounted on the outside of the pot I am wondering if that is the same thing? I have tried to contact T. Butler, no luck, another site shows that the patent has expired, which was applied for in 1995 and awarded in 1996. This stuff gets hairy, my head hurts just from reading it. Gonna send this pot to Mr. Butler if I can find his address and see what he has to say.
tel...573-380-8206

VanHelden Game Calls

Where are patent attorney that has a callmaking hobby ;D

As I understand the real patents is in the details, the more detailed the patent the narrower the protection but the easier it is to be successful in the granting of the patent.  But thats just my understanding :morning:

Ded Goblr

" Damn Boy's were in tight spot" from my favorite movie O'Brother where art thou..

vaturkey

Hey Pappy

Can I have that Thunderdome cause when you get to THE BIG HOUSE all you gonna make is license plates !  :funnyturkey:  :TooFunny:
Vaturkey

merocustomcalls

I bet his license plates would be some of the prettiest and best made in the entire country!

pappy

Just got off the phone with Ricky Bishop and he has no qualms with me pursuing this, so I will make a couple in different materials, crystal is next.....thank you all for your help and joyful words, I won't be worrying about making calls out of license plates.....
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

JVA54

Quote from: Creekrocket on March 11, 2013, 11:05:30 PM
See there!  :gobble: Roll out Pappy!
Next thing ya know, you'll be making squealing hens.... :goofball:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: