Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could only carry one pot call, which one would it be?

Started by MikeStaten, March 04, 2013, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

my problem is I keep thinking its going to be my next call haha

I don't know if I could pick just one but I do sometimes carry just two pot calls and those are a Halloran Twisted Sister and Hooks aluminum
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mudhen

I guess any good slate over glass pot call.

Lights Out would be my first choice, a hard wood or laminated wood, but there are lots of other fine callmakers out there too.

One thing for sure, it would be from a custom or semi-custom pot call maker.

While I've killed lots of birds with production box calls like the Primos Box Cutter, I've had much better success with custom pot calls & strikers over mass produced pot calls.

Another thing for sure, I would want to carry 5-6 strikers if I could only carry one pot....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Jbird22

captin_hook

870BkWht

I'd have to say a woodhaven cherry crystal classic or a David Halloran twisted sister.  I never go into the woods without a ceramic a copper ora crystal though.

BrowningGuy88

Out of the ones I have currently the Primos Crystal Freak would get the call. That is only because it is proven itself to me and this is the first year I have ever bought a custom pot.

The Yingling Copper Pot will ride with me this year.

lonnie sneed jr.

hunter22

My Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate has sent many a gobbler on to their happy hunting ground.

mebe007

hunter22

Call him at 304-425-3021. Great guy to talk turkey with.

CallDr

If I am going light vest and not cold....... a Slate ( 2 strikers ).

www.wildtalker.com

mikejd

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 04, 2013, 08:11:49 PM
I would never go into the woods with just one call. Just sayin. LOL

TRKYHTR

Im with you. My go to is a blodgett but I just got my first stone road that I think may take my top spot.

redleg06

MikeStaten

Thanks all.  Was looking to add another call to the collection.  I've got the Hot Hen by Lonnie Snead and the Lights Out Aluminum, both great calls.  Based on the suggestions, looks like I should be adding either one of the Hallorans or a bronze glass call to my collection.