turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BPS 12 ga. I.C. .675

Started by Oconeeguy, December 20, 2012, 07:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oconeeguy

with Hevi-13  3", 2 oz of #6 at 40 yds. 1st shot with a CLEAN bore. almost no wind

SumToy

Is this a Invector or Inv Plus gun.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Oconeeguy

It is a 1996 model invector plus. New to me-little used by orig owner. You see Much room for provement with #5 lead or #6 Hevi ?

SumToy

drop to a 650 to 660.  I have one a friend with 660 and ExRang win 6 you will miss him at 30 yards.   

Get you a smaller choke in Sumtoy or IC. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

R AJ

Quote from: SumToy on December 22, 2012, 08:23:15 AM
drop to a 650 to 660.  I have one a friend with 660 and ExRang win 6 you will miss him at 30 yards.   

Get you a smaller choke in Sumtoy or IC.

Using my BPS inv+ 22.5" bbl and a 655 choke it works for the lead Win Supreme HV  3-1 3/4-6 and using a Sum Toy .662 (?) it works well for the Win Ex Range and the old white H-13 #6 loads.
125 is an acceptable number but you are far from getting a maximum number of pellets in the 10 at 40 yards.Work on eveness of pattern over numbers for hunting purposes.
Target shooting is a different story.

Oconeeguy

Thanx guys for the input. Was surprised& a little disappointed at my first I.C. Pattern attempt. Maybe my gun likes a slightly dirty barrel?

We have lots going on the next couple of weeks, but will get back in the pattern mode after the holidays.

R AJ

Lots of guns like slightly dirty barrels and patterns can improve . What some never get is that many chokes need to be broken in with maybe 50-100 or more shots fired through them. You can use dove loads or whatever. Don't be afraid of shooting out your turkey chokes with lead or HTL under normal use.

surehuntsalot

looks like it would take a bird to me
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

captin_hook

It'll kill for sure, but your #s should be better with that shell /choke combo.

BHMTitan

As suggested, I'd shoot some dove shot thru the choke to break it in, as well as making sure your POI is correct.  In my 2-3/4" Browning A5, 21" Invector Plus, I've gotten a max count in the low 160's w/ Hevi-13 #6 (1.5oz) thru both a Kicks 670 and 680.  My best patterns come with a "Deep Cleaned" bore with about 3 or 4 shots through it.  I haven't shot the IC 675, but with the IC 665 I've gotten in the upper 150's with that choke on the two patterns I've shot with the Hevi-13 #6.

Good luck.

teke

IC .665 and h13 #7's way over 200 in sx3 same barrel as your bps