turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Win. Double X

Started by bunk, February 28, 2013, 03:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

I shoot the Win. HV 3.5-2oz 1300fps loads black hull. I was at walmart to pick some more up and all they have in Win. 3.5 is Double X but it is black hull with 2oz 1300fps loads. Same as the HV's. The Double X's were red hull 2.25oz loads. My question is will these be the same as the old HV loads. It seems to me that's all they dune was put them in a new box with Double X on it. If so did they stop making the red hull Double X? I know allot of y'all where using them.

devin4484

They changed the name to double xx for both of them.  Just gotta pay extra attention to the new box design and make sure you get the right ones.  Black hulls are still hv 1300 fps and red hulls are 1150 fps if I recall

BrowningGuy88

Yes if they are 3.5"  2 ounce shells at 1300 fps they are the HV. My Walmart doesn't carry the red hulls unfortunately...

BHMTitan

True, the name has changed, but the load has also.  For years I've shot WinXX in 12ga 2.75" #6 (red hull) with 1-5/8oz shot @ 1250fps; the model number was X12HXCT6.  These are no longer available.  The new 12ga 2.75" #6 WinXX is 1-1/2oz shot @ 1300fps, with a model number of STH126; that is the same specs and model number of the High Velocity that I patterned early last year.  So to me, the High Velocity is now called WinXX, with the old WinXX no longer in production.

In my gun, the HV shells never patterned that well.  Both the red hull WinXX (X12HXCT6) and WinX did better.

bunk

Quote from: Daman on February 28, 2013, 04:11:56 PM
Yes if they are 3.5"  2 ounce shells at 1300 fps they are the HV. My Walmart doesn't carry the red hulls unfortunately...
My Walmart doesn't carry the red hulls shells neither. If they did that's probably what I would shoot but the price is good on the black shells at Walmart and I got 120's in the 10" at 40 with 3.5-2oz.-#5. I'll take that all day long. Just threw me off when I went out there today and seen the Double X on the box and wanted to make sure they were still the same as the old HV's before I bought some more. Thanks for all of y'lls help.

bushwhacker

I buy a box of the hv 3.5-2-5's every time I go to wal mart. They are $13.77 here. I bought 9 boxes last year for $12.47 but they have went up. Still cheaper than any htl load and they kill them dead at 40 yards. I think I'm up to 12 boxes of them now, I'll quit when I get to 20 boxes.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: bushwhacker on February 28, 2013, 07:46:09 PM
I buy a box of the hv 3.5-2-5's every time I go to wal mart. They are $13.77 here. I bought 9 boxes last year for $12.47 but they have went up. Still cheaper than any htl load and they kill them dead at 40 yards. I think I'm up to 12 boxes of them now, I'll quit when I get to 20 boxes.

the #5's are my favorite too
I also buy a box almost every time I go grocery shopping with the wife
it's not the harvest,it's the chase