North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

anyone ever built a gun cabinet?

Started by neverstopchasin, February 28, 2013, 12:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neverstopchasin

how much money you got ol buddy ol pal?

neverstopchasin

a lil off topic here too but got some rough red oak for 30 cent a ft and some curly maple for $1 ft today. been air dried for atleast 10 yrs but hasnt been kiln dried. some of the maple is birds eye too and came from gibson guitar. bout 300 ft altogether

backwater

Great find.  $1 a bd. ft. For curly maple is very good.     Down here in Florida, I have paid as much as $7 per bd. ft.   Birds eye maple is a great bonus.    What kind of project are you thinking of making?
    Ray

neverstopchasin

jewery boxes and i dont know what else yet. yeah that was a good deal. the man that had all this had probably 3 barns full of wood. maple walnut cherry and oak as far as i could tell. he had the oak at one of his buddies house because he had ran outta room at his place. said he just accumulated it over the yrs but wouldnt get rid some of it

backwater

Very cool.  Wish I lived close to get in on that deal.  Jewelry boxes and humidors are my favorite ww projects.

timberjack86

neverstopchasin

neverstopchasin

on the final coat of poly and got my bottom doors done. now i gotta find a piece of glass 47x28

neverstopchasin

some new pics, now waiting on hinges to come and it will be ready finally
2a05e8df.jpg[/IMG]]

backwater

neverstopchasin

dont know what happened to the other pics i posted but will try to put the on here

neverstopchasin

neverstopchasin

neverstopchasin

neverstopchasin

there we go had to post them separate. my cousin was askin what i was gonna start on next and i told him it would have to wait till after turkey season lol