OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your turkey kill total?

Started by mozart_hunter, February 27, 2013, 10:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNM

Killed 4 in 2 years, but I hunted for 3 years before that before I finally connected.

redleg06

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 28, 2013, 11:44:41 PM
I actually keep a spreadsheet of my kills with the date, state, county, place,  bird number, beard length, spur length, weight, gun, ammo, distance, time, and anything else notable about the hunt. I never want to forget a single detail of a hunt....

I wish I was this detailed..... My wife is capable of such things but she's not my biggest fan this time of year.

wvboy

I will give my standard answer to this question..

Not enough yet ..  :)
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

WildTigerTrout

Since 2000 I have killed 10, all easterns from the mountains of NC Pennsylvania. I would more than likely have killed a couple more if I would quit spending so much time flyfishing for trout when I could be turkey hunting. I can't help it I love both sports! ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

atoler

I'm not really sure how many birds I have killed, I'm only 21, although I did kill my first two 16 years ago. I would guess around 45-50.

The important number to me would be 11..... number of people I have called in their first bird.

longspur

Lets see...started in 97. first kill in 98. Thats 14 years. Limited out in Ga. three times plus one in Fla. one of those years. Got skunked about 2 years ago. Killed two three times, I think :z-dizzy: I love turkey season...my wife hates turkey season...my boss hates turkey season...my dog hates turkey season. Only part my wife likes is when I give her a hand full of money and tell her to go to the beach.

guesswho

Quote from: FANMAN on March 01, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
I don't have a kill number for Ronnie...But he's still not caught up with his Mamma.
She's ready to add to that total too.   A couple more weeks! 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tomspur

Longspur, I think we are married to the same women.  ???
Anyway, I have killed my share of birds and am still excited every year to get after more. I think more important than how many kills I have is how many hunts I have had whether or not I killed a bird or not. I have had many close encounters over the years that have resulted in me driving home alone but the memory of that hunt I will always remember.
Killing birds is good but to me, having a great hunt is just or more enjoyable. Don't mind chalking one up to the gobblers at all. My wife says my brain is smaller than  a turkeys anyway. ;)

Fullfan

Killed #1 in 1976, last spring # 185 died. I have hunted hard for the past 35 some odd years. Only missing one year of hunting, and that was due to me volunteering to help liberate the people of Kuwait.
Don't gobble at me...

K9Doc

Started hunting Turkey 25 years ago.
I'm up to 137.  Mostly Easterns.
Hunted Fl, AL, MS, TN, KY, MO, AR, TX, OK, KS, NE
I don't understand killing hens. I know it's legal at times, but not my thing.
Grew up where we had very few birds and a hen is Sacred to me.
Not bashing anyone, so please don't be offended.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

trkehunr93

HARDCORE

Quote from: K9Doc on March 01, 2013, 08:18:50 PM
I don't understand killing hens. I know it's legal at times, but not my thing.
"a hen is Sacred to me".
Not bashing anyone, so please don't be offended.

Same here and I agree with you . . . but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

HC

Yoder409

Not sure exactly.  40-45 would be my best guess.  All Easterns save for 2 Gould's
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Shotgun

I've been lucky enough to kill 13.  Hopefully the good lord allows me to kill another.

ILIKEHEVI-13