turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's Your Opinion?

Started by strut2, February 25, 2013, 08:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded Goblr

Best would be Nebraska, so many birds. Toughest, Merriam's at 8800ft in Colorado but the most beautiful country.

bosstom3

Favorite state so far is Wyoming.......toughest has been Florida public land

GSLAM95

Quote from: strut2 on February 25, 2013, 08:21:35 PM
What is your favorite state to hunt Gobblers? What state do you think is the toughest to hunt? And why to both questions!

Difficult to pick a favorite as I feel blessed to hunt the ones that I have.  With that being said I have had both difficult and easy to kill birds in every state that I have hunted.  The diversity of terrain & landscape across the country makes each hunt it's own unique experience.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

El Pavo Grande

Of the 7 states I have hunted, my favorite would probably be home state of Arkansas, followed closely by the Missouri Ozarks....just so many great memories from both over the years!!!  I enjoy the hunting in KS and NE too,  but give me a hardwood ridge or hardwood bottom any day.

The hardest?  I have figured out turkeys can be stubborn any where you hunt and timing makes all the difference, but Alabama and Mississippi usually offer a tough challenge.  Ton of pressure on public land, and we usually hunt early in the season.  I would like to hunt after April 1 at some point.  Have killed turkeys in both, but always had to work for them.  But, that makes it so much more fun and rewarding.

heathwesley

Favorite: My home state of Illinois - Toughest - Southern MO public ground and Mississippi public ground are tie! 

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: CASH on February 28, 2013, 03:26:41 AM
Alabama. Of course it's the only state I've hunted turkeys in.

I really love seeing folks come here to turkey hunt the first time, look at the woods we hunt and ask, "How do you hunt turkeys in that stuff?"

So true! A work client came into town last year opening week for a shutdown that got pushed, so I offered him a gun and to stay at my camp and hunt if he wanted. He is from Oklahoma and literally stood on the camp porch, looked at the pines and asked how can turkeys live in there? Much less me see one to shoot it!!!

He hunted 6 mornings and only killed 1 turkey - and there were turkeys there.

slamman

Florida

Arizona

Texas

New Mexico

in that order but I'll take a hunt any spring day in any state.

ridgerunner

Favorite place Oklahoma Black Kettle Grasslands

Hardest public land in Kentucky

Tail Feathers

I've hunted a few and have yet to go to one I didn't like.
NE was great, KS was beautiful but the hailstorm and cold front ran us out.
OK ain't beautiful but it's full of turkeys. :funnyturkey:
TN is beautiful but I haven't been very lucky there.  The people were very friendly and helpful.
The folks in FL were awesome and the public hunting was tough.

I'd go back to any of 'em.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!