OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Point of aim help

Started by WW, February 25, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I bought a Benelli SBE and patterned it today. It shoots about 16 inches low at 40 yards and I'm shooting 2ounce 3.5 inch hevi shot. What can I do to correct this? I'm not even thinking about a scope or anything optical, I just want to use the factory bead but may look at the tru glo pro series sight.
What y'all say????

benellinut

DID you change the shims around yet?That will make a big difference i know it did with mine :turkey2:

WW

Shims didn't come with it since it was used but I'm new to this....What does the shims do?

Devastator

Hope ya get it figured out,ya would think the money we spend on these guns we could just use the bead on them,NOT!!

benellinut

The shims go on the stock between the stock and receiver and will change the drop and will change your point of impact.you can probably buy them through brownels or mid west gun works.

spaightlabs

Let me know if you need shims - I'm sure I've got 3 or 4 sets or more laying around.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: WW on February 25, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
I bought a Benelli SBE and patterned it today. It shoots about 16 inches low at 40 yards and I'm shooting 2ounce 3.5 inch hevi shot. What can I do to correct this? I'm not even thinking about a scope or anything optical, I just want to use the factory bead but may look at the tru glo pro series sight.
What y'all say????

The early SBEs all shot low. One thing you can do to see just how much you'll need to raise the comb to correct the problem is to use some tape and a towel or some other rather thick cloth. If you have some pipe insulating wrap that works even better.

Just put the towel or wrap on the comb of the stock and then tape it in place. By raising the comb you also raise the muzzle of the gun. Once you have it shooting to POA you make a more acceptable fix by using a Cheek Eez pad of something similar.

You may be able to find the shims but 16" is a lot to adjust out of the POI. You may be able to adjust some of that out with the shims and then make the adjustment to the comb as well.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. If you can't find any of those shims, please let me know. I've owned several SBEs over the years and probably have some around here somewhere.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

WW

Thanks to all of you! PM sent to you Mr Clark.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: WW on February 25, 2013, 10:05:06 PM
Thanks to all of you! PM sent to you Mr Clark.

Please let me know if I can be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."