turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where to sent my 870

Started by wbralo, February 23, 2013, 05:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbralo

I have an 870 I want set up just for turkey hunting. I'm not happy with the pattern right now with an Indian Creek 665 and hevi mag blend 2oz 4x5x6. Where should be a good place to send it?

gobblingghost

I sent my gun to William at sumtoy :z-guntootsmiley:

nyhunter

Are you asking where to sending the gun out to be patterned? Try #6's or #7's H-13 in that gun first you might surprised.

wbralo

What About gobbler guns? What would it run to send a gun off, have the forcing cone lengthen, barrel polished, and a choke. I'm thinking by the time I buy more shells and chokes I could have it set up right.

teke

my IC .665 don't care for mag blends either, but its well over 200 with Hevi-13 7 shot

chipper

Before I sent it off I would try the # 6 and 7, my gun didn't shoot magblends either. But I have heard great reports from Sumtoy  and Gobbler Guns.

SumToy

I would like to have your business but I think I would try a different shell to see.  That choke is a good choke and should put up good numbers.   Clean the barrel check POA/POI get you some HV13 6 or 7 and try it.

If I can help you let me know.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

wbralo

thanks william and everyone. I polished the barrel today and going to run some other shells in it this week sometime. I'm also going to take another look at my poa poi again (on the sled this time). Lead number 5's did a lot better than the mag blends 4x5x6. Im going to put some lead 6 and 7's and heavy 6 and 7's and see. Thanks again