OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

So who's done the scratch???

Started by Mainer, February 20, 2013, 01:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

Quote from: Eric Gregg on February 20, 2013, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: jblackburn on February 20, 2013, 08:50:36 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 20, 2013, 02:53:04 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 20, 2013, 07:52:55 AM
Scratch..........scratch,scratch............. Scratch.........scratch,scratch.  :fud:
I have to ask again.  What cadence does two or more feeding turkeys have.   What is that sequence, I want to sound like four or five hens.

Take your vest off, lay flat on your back then roll for about 12 yards, then roll back.  That will sound like a whole herd of those flockers! Grab your gun and get ready!

:TooFunny:
lol too funny.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I finish all of my birds with scratching....

Once he commits, I stop calling and begin scratching

darn2ten

HARDCORE

Scratching in the leaves, if you guys say so but there's an easier way to accomplish the same sounds.

Wet leaves, dry leaves, no leaves....no problem. Two words, Wal-Mart, or is that one word?

There are countless options, I prefer Wal-Mart but anything resembling a Wal-Mart should do just fine.

HC

Byhalia

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 20, 2013, 09:10:29 PM
Agree it's often the best call to make, along with silence.  Sometimes it is the only call that should be made if you want to kill certain turkeys.

+1      :z-winnersmiley:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

chatterbox

Quote from: Hardcore on February 20, 2013, 09:11:41 AM
I wouldn't recommend that tactic, doesn't work, especially in Bama.

HC
That's cause you killed them all! ;D
Seriously, scratching with wing flapping are the 2 deadliest calls in the woods.

guesswho

Quote from: Hardcore on February 20, 2013, 10:27:43 PM
Scratching in the leaves, if you guys say so but there's an easier way to accomplish the same sounds.

Wet leaves, dry leaves, no leaves....no problem. Two words, Wal-Mart, or is that one word?

There are countless options, I prefer Wal-Mart but anything resembling a Wal-Mart should do just fine.

HC
What in the heck are you talking about? ???
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HARDCORE

Quote from: guesswho on February 21, 2013, 05:11:22 PM
Quote from: Hardcore on February 20, 2013, 10:27:43 PM

HC
What in the heck are you talking about? ???

Obviously a Colonel Sanders works just as well as a Wal-mart.

Think I might just have to change brands, I sure do love fried chicken.

HC

camotruck

I've done it a few times also.  But the cat thing reminds me of a hunt I had one year when a fox showed up looking for a meal.  He was closer to me than I liked so before he decided to come sit in my lap I pulled down my face mask and hissed at him, GET YOUR LITTLE RED AZZ OUTA' HERE.  He turned inside out leaving the area and I shot that tom.  Good memories.

Camo
"If you could make money the way you hunt, you'd be a rich man, and I wouldn't worry about you."   .....My Dad shortly before he passed.  Bye Dad  Love ya

TrackeySauresRex

Scratch..........scratch,scratch............. Scratch.........scratch,scratch.  :fud:
I have to ask again.  What cadence does two or more feeding turkeys have.   What is that sequence, I want to sound like four or five hens.

Take your vest off, lay flat on your back then roll for about 12 yards, then roll back.  That will sound like a whole herd of those flockers! Grab your gun and get ready!

Sory I missed this, this is funny  :TooFunny:
Ya gotta do it like your making a snow angle!  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

jblackburn

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 22, 2013, 09:39:29 AM

Let's copyright that!  The LeafAngle Turkey Scratchin' Call!  Paired with a Squealing Hen, Funky Chicken, Wounded Gobbler, and a Butt Out, You will KILL ALL THE TURKEYS!!   :toothy12:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

RIStrutStopper

Gotta scratch, especially when he's hung up. Play hard to get, don't call back to his gobbling, just scratch and maybe a couple soft clucks but more like you're just talkin' to your hen girlfriends and ignoring Tommy.

Gooserbat

If he's coming with out it I don't but if he needs some coaxing then it stir the leaves.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: jblackburn on February 22, 2013, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 22, 2013, 09:39:29 AM

Lets not forget the acorn cruncher

Let's copyright that!  The LeafAngle Turkey Scratchin' Call!  Paired with a Squealing Hen, Funky Chicken, Wounded Gobbler, and a Butt Out, You will KILL ALL THE TURKEYS!!   :toothy12:
We can't forget the acorn cruncher  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."