OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 Butt Stock removal ?

Started by Crappiepro, February 19, 2013, 01:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

Hey guys, I need to take my plain butt stock off my Moss 835, I traded it for a thumb hole stock.
My question is "How do I do this?" I looked in the 2 cyclinder shaped holes inside the rear of the buttstock and didn't see any screw head. Is there something Im missing or does it come off another way?
Thanks, Brad

Crappiepro

Never mind LMAO! I went to set it in the corner and the inner module fell out on the floor and I could see the bolt.  ::)

Skeeterbait

;D

You will need a LONG large blade flat tip screw driver.  Now when you install the other stock, be very careful to test the safety.  If the safety does not work properly then the bolt is extending too far into the receiver.  Take the bolt back out and add washers next to the head one at a time till the safety works correctly again.

Crappiepro

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 19, 2013, 02:53:11 PM
;D

You will need a LONG large blade flat tip screw driver.  Now when you install the other stock, be very careful to test the safety.  If the safety does not work properly then the bolt is extending too far into the receiver.  Take the bolt back out and add washers next to the head one at a time till the safety works correctly again.
Thanks Skeeter, I wasn't aware of the bolt and the safety issue! Ill get the new thumb hole stock and see how it fits.