North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Weapon of Choice

Started by WildSpur, February 18, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

So what is everyone using this year? 

Though a diehard archer, bows and birds are not for me. 

Right now I rock an 835 Grandslam with the 20" barrel.  I am using 3.5 Magblends out of a Jellyhead choke.  I have a Fast Fire II on top.

I really love this gun but it might be a back up soon.  I am currently eyeing up an 870 due to my department recently switching to them.  Gotta keep eveything consistent!

Cluck more, yelp less

Hayudog

This year a 20 gauge.

Remington SPR 100 (Baikal) , Burris FFIII, Sumtoy 562-5 , and a custom rattle can paint job!

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

RutnNStrutn

That looks pretty cool!! :icon_thumright:
I'll be using my 870 Supermag, topped with an old Tasco 2x22 pistol scope out on the barrel, shooting Winchester Hi-velocity 3-1/2's in #4 through a Remington Ventilator ported choke.

WildSpur

Here is mine:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

TURKEYWHACKER

My trusty 835 with a Kicks Gobblin' Thunder choke, Winchester Supreme 3 1/2" #6's with fiber optic 3-dot sights.

WickedBama

Moss turkey thug with tru glow indian creek black diamond choke. and tachyon ops hd.
It likes 3.5" hevi 13 #7
Live For It!

blackmagic

Gun:   870 Mag
Shells:  Don't know
Choke:  Don't know
Sights:  Don't know

Wasn't pleased at all with the performance last year and trying to figure out something new.
I shot my two birds at 17 and 18 steps and had pellets from the head to the feet.  I was shooting 3" Winchester Supreme #6's out of a Primos Tight Wad.

WildSpur

Quote from: blackmagic on February 20, 2013, 10:01:09 AM

Wasn't pleased at all with the performance last year and trying to figure out something new.
I shot my two birds at 17 and 18 steps and had pellets from the head to the feet.  I was shooting 3" Winchester Supreme #6's out of a Primos Tight Wad.

Me thinks if I can get an 870 soon I will try a .670 pure gold and stick with my magblends.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

TURKEYWHACKER

Quote from: blackmagic on February 20, 2013, 10:01:09 AM

Lets combine a scouting trip with some test time.

WickedBama

17&18 steps? Sounds like a great hunt you could have used improved cylinder on em. :)
Live For It!

TURKEYWHACKER

Quote from: WickedBama on February 21, 2013, 08:51:31 AM
17&18 steps? Sounds like a great hunt you could have used improved cylinder on em. :)
Trust me, it looked like he did  :TooFunny: They dropped "Graveyard Dead" but took a good pepperin'.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on February 23, 2013, 04:46:57 AM
Trust me, it looked like he did  :TooFunny: They dropped "Graveyard Dead" but took a good pepperin'.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

blackmagic

That's Florida swamp huntin!  I could have chucked rocks at them.

TURKEYWHACKER

Quote from: blackmagic on February 26, 2013, 08:36:39 AM

That's Florida swamp huntin!  I could have chucked rocks at them.

Woulda caused less damaged meat. :gobble: