Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting Report and Season Outlook

Started by bornagain64, February 08, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

we are going out again tomorrow to check out some cameras at 1 of our spots.

Here is a picture of one that we found, and will probably be hunting him opening weekend.

nogoodreezen

That would be a great start to the season!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Steve

You guys in the south kill me with the earlier season starts. We still have a foot of snow on the ground in some areas. I'll be chomping at the bit living vicariously thorugh your hunts until mid April. Can't wait to see some photos or vids.

firstflight111

man what an awesome bird . good luck on that one keep us updated  .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

bornagain64

Looks like He might have a double beard. I am taking my daughter on a youth hunt this weekend, and I am hoping to here more birds. The only problem with that is if I can hear them someone else can too.
Ray and I usually like to walk way back and get away from people.
The bird in the picture is in one of those hard to get to way back there spots.
One of us will defiantly  spend some time hunting that bird.

John

Trevor2

Heard 3 birds gobbling on the limb this morning, got me real fired up. It was 29 degrees here and foggy as all get out. One kept it up for 20 mins after he hit the ground.
Strutstopper

firstflight111

I still have 30 days to go yet but was out yesterday running around seen 2 in a field i hunt i pulled in and look around there must of been 60 plus birds down in the bottom around the old oak tree .I have been watching many birds if we get a warm dry day i will get the video camera out and start snapping pictures ..

CUPPED AND COMMITTED

jarbo03

Seems to be good numbers of birds this year. Need spring to arrive soon, winter is getting old.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nogoodreezen

Quote from: jarbo03 on March 21, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
Seems to be good numbers of birds this year. Need spring to arrive soon, winter is getting old.

No joke! It was in the 30s today on Kentucky and the wind would cut you in two. Last year it warmed up early and the birds were past their prime by the time season arrived. I keep telling myself this could be a good thing. They are still grouped up right now. I am ready for warmer weather though.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

neverstopchasin

they finally starting to gobble here in rocky top :drool:

bornagain64

Those 1st gobbles of the year are awesome.
There is nothing like hearing a turkey gobble in the woods.

clr

There have been 3 herds of birds feeding along the side of the roads around my shack, and I saw a huge tom who looked like he could go thirty pounds the other day, but no talking yet up here in Northwest Arkansas that I've heard. My next door neighbor saw two struttin' in a field in the evening a few days ago.

Another cold spell coming through this week. Our season starts 4-20.

Seems to be plenty of birds, though...

firstflight111

Still on a great number of birds we got snow last 2 days here .very cold still got alot of time to go ..
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

jarbo03

Won't quit, 6-12" snow forecasted this weekend, 1 week before I am to be taking my nephew for youth season. Might have to head out west, those rios always seem to be ready.

neverstopchasin

thats right born again. aint nothin like it breakin day wonderin if its gonna happen then stike ol tom. well maybe a big brute buck walkin 30 yards from your stand but thats bout it