Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Let's get to know each other - tell us about yourself

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 06, 2013, 12:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

My name is Jim. I am 52 years old, and have been chasing turkey birds for about 20 years. I am an engine company Lieutenant :firefighter: with Brevard County Fire Rescue in Florida. I've been in the fire service for 30 years, nearly 26 of them with my current department. Just over 4 years to go 'til I retire and am able to really get after those gobblers!!! :icon_thumright:
I got my Grand Slam with my Florida Osceolas, Nebraska Merriams, Oklahoma Rios and West Virginia Eastern. I have a goal of killing gobblers in all of the lower 48 states before I give up the ghost. So far I've been successful in Florida, S. Carolina, W. Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Nebraska and Oklahoma.
Looking forward to hearing about you.

WildSpur

I am Adam.  33 years old and have been chasing gobblers for 20 years now.  I am a patrolman for a small suburb of Pittsburgh.  I just started my 11th year.  I have 21 more to go.  So far I only hunt Easterns in Pennsylvania.  I have been running and gunning for the last 15 years or so.  The last few years I became addicted to the large tracks of public land chasing mountain birds. 

Cluck more, yelp less

Hayudog

Hello- My name is Doug- 54 y/o. Live in California, about 35 miles east of San Francisco.  Retired from Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department in 2008.  Total of 32 years of service, 30 with LPFD.  Went out as an Engine Company Captain.
Waterfowling has been my passion for over 35 years, and put in about 50 days a year now.  Have been chasing turkeys for about 5 years now. Last year hunted them over 20 days.  Taken birds with shotgun, bow and pellet rifle (legal here in Cali).  Took 4 new hunters last year out for their first birds.
Built up a single shot 20 ga. for this years shotgun birds.  Shotgun was 1/5 the price of barrel work, choke tube , optics and recoil pad.
Looking forward to doing some out of state hunting this year.  Rio's here in Cali- Lookin forward to my Merriam and Eastern birds.
Glad to on the team- Guns n Hoses sounds like a fine team name-

Deputy 14

My name is Eric. I'm from southern WV. I'm a Cpl. with the Boone County Sheriffs Office. Currently assingned as a dual purpose K9 handler and a member of our SRT team. Been chasing southern WV long beards for about 18 years.  Finally starting to figure them out a bit. I usually take my two bird limit every year here. Hoping to get an out of state hunt this year as well.

strutzone

My name is Vic, I'm 45 years old and I live in West Palm Beach, FL.  I work for the City of Hollywood Fire Rescue Department as a Driver Engineer with just over 23 years on. I have the privilege of driving a 100' aerial platform at work every day and love it.  I've been chasing turkeys for about 20 years, primarily hunting in south to central Florida. One day I would love to travel to other states and hunt the other subspecies of turkeys.

Fireengine70

Gentleman, Im Adam. Been in the fire service for 11 years and currently work as a firemedic. Ive been chasing birds for alot of frustrating and successful years. I lok forward to adding some points for the team this year.

Thebody

My name is Scott, I got my start in LE working at a state prison outside of Pensacola Florida in 1993.  Shortly after in 1995, I moved outside Atlanta to work at the federal penitentiary and finished college while working there.  I was picked up as an 1811 Special Agent in 2001 and moved to DC in 2009.  I currently live in Maryland and have 18 years federal LE experience.

I have two awesome kids that are way smarter than I ever was.  My daughter is a travel soccer player and my son travels to wrestle and play baseball.  Best years of my life!!!!! 

Just for clarification my name "Thebody" came from the Marines where my buddies called me Scotty The Body.

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

TWOWITHONE

Hi my name is Brian. I'm a 56 yr old who loves turkey hunting. Just got back into it not to long ago and love it. I'm a city of Pgh. Pa. firefighter and have been doing it for 33 yrs now, retirement is right around the corner.Ive had great success with  my nephew Wildspur when we go hunting these gobblers hopefully we can get Guns and Hoses some points. :firefighter:

pastor

My name is Larry and I'll be 68 in Aug. After retiring from the business world in 2000 I felt a calling to go to bible school and God has blessed me to now be an ordained minister and a commissioned chaplain. I am V P of a 501c3 Transport For Christ, we have chapels at thirty-six truck stops in the U S and Canada for truck drivers to attend service while on the road. I've lived in N Y, Fl, Nashville Tn [15 yrs] but now reside in N C where I was born and grew up. I've been chasing turkeys for as long as I can remember, started with my Grandfather at about age three so they tell me. I have a lifetime license in both N C and Tn. Last year I was blessed to tag out in both states with a total of six very nice longbeards. I don't post on here a lot but I read the posts almost daily.
Jer. 29:11

RutnNStrutn

Pastor, sounds like you have a good thing going there. That's very honorable.
Seems there is a little confusion though. This "get to know you" thread was just for the members of this team. We already have our 12 members though. Sorry 'bout that. There is a random contest sign up thread where you can get assigned to a team. Good luck on that, and good hunting this spring!

Hayudog

I did go back and look at the roster.  Thought I was missing something.  Thanks for pointing Pastor in the right direction.  Heck, getting 6 longbeards maybe we can make him our Guns and Hoses Pastor,  we always had a Chaplin at our department!

RutnNStrutn