OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who thinks the discontinuation of Win XRHD is the beginning of the end for HTL?

Started by chatterbox, January 30, 2013, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker22

Whether its $3 or $7 a shell, I shoot maybe 2-5 times a year. I don't think the $8-$20 is going to make or break me... Too much invested to not shoot the best possible ammo at the bird you've worked so hard for.  It may be your only chance for the year, heck it may be your last bird ever. I sure hope neither of those is this case.  To each his own, but I will be shooting the heavier stuff, so long as it outperforms the lead.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Old Gobbler

Winchester XRHD , buy it up when you see it , if you ever do again-  :OGani:

It would be highly advisable , that if you shoot any of this type of ammo to reserve your self up a good supply of it for future use - some brands may go up in price or worse 

In about a few weeks the more casual seasonal hunters will start to engage in their annual gear purchasing thing ,- buy some HTL before that time 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 07, 2013, 11:39:09 PM

Winchester XRHD , buy it up when you see it , if you ever do again-  :OGani:

It would be highly advisable , that if you shoot any of this type of ammo to reserve your self up a good supply of it for future use - some brands may go up in price or worse 

In about a few weeks the more casual seasonal hunters will start to engage in their annual gear purchasing thing ,- buy some HTL before that time

Very good advice.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

woodchip

I have about seven boxes of HeviShot 3.5 #7s and when they are gone I'm going back to lead.  I might even try and reload some lead shells and see what happens.

Old Gobbler

I remember the polywad loaded  "oldwhites" in #6  ,that became real scarce - the people that parted with those years ago , probably wished they had them back .

There were always WTB adds for them , for a few years people would post up they had a local corner store had this or that , and they would be shipped to another member - after some time it became hopeless to find any

You will see the same WTB threads for a years to come for whatever loads become discontinued this season or next , occasionally there might be a pallet of the stuff found here or there - I know money is tight with folks , but this might your last chance , so crack your wallets and buy up a little more if you use it -- 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon