OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your go to pot call?

Started by Dr^ke, January 24, 2013, 07:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr^ke

M,Yingling

I do like a good copper call for a go to call  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

SCtrkyhntr

scoot12

Tough question,  one day it is my hot hen slate and the next its my cherry bronze glass death wish call,  next is the crystal mistress and the next is my dawkins aluminum call.  Maybe I have to many.  Scoot :icon_thumright:

stone road turkey calls

Scoot, your going to need a caddy to toat all them calls.   :TooFunny:

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

rdmar

mine is prob a Tim Sanford slate over copper with a beard buster purpleheart striker but next week im paying for my west augusta yellow heart and black locust strikers so the stiker

Muzzy61

I use a Hooks bronze glass call mostly. But if that's not doing the trick i have a sweet gum slate over glass call made by a local call maker that works very well. Call made by albert starling of starling call calls.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

captin_hook

Cody glass, backed up by yingling slate!

Devastator

Hooks bronzed glass with a Lightsout agate dymondwood striker.

BKAart

Here's a couple of my go to calls. Lonnie Sneed  Green Glass and Hot hen Slate. and My own Purrr D pot.
Purrr D Calls "Proof that Looks can Kill"

Gooserbat

I have an old Osage pot Magnolia Slate that Gary built some years ago.  We've hunted a lot togather.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WillowRidgeCalls

I've got two death wish calls that I run consistently with a dymondwood or purpleheart strikers.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

magnoliagamecalls

Mine is a Mesquite slate over glass made from wood that a fellow callmaker gave me to make a call for myself. It is picture with a Dymondwood natural color striker that I used for several years on it but found one I like more its in the last picture a Hickory with a mushroom tip. That combo has helped me be able to carry a few longbeards back to the truck.

rmbailey2010

I'd have to say my "go-to pot call" would definitely have to be my vision crystal from woodhaven.  It seems to always pull through for me on those tough birds!

chipper