Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New toys?

Started by timberjack86, January 16, 2013, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

Anyone going to buy a new toy for spring? I am looking at a 14ft jon boat and mabey a pop up blind. I am also in need of some new rubber boots.

woodwzrd

Probably not any new toys but I am going to have some work done on the last turkey toy I got. I am probably going to send my 535 barrel out to Sumtoy to have it re-threaded and tweaked a bit.

Trevor2

Bought enough toys last year. This year im spending too much on toys for racing season lol. Turkey hunting in the mornings and racing on sat nights. Ill be run ragged but it will be worth it
Strutstopper

jarbo03

Will not be buying anything this year. Lookin forward to some new land I acquired, loaded with Rios.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tha bugman

a few new calls and a vest(maybe)

neverstopchasin

sold the junky stouger p350 and got me a 870 super mag

timberjack86

Quote from: neverstopchasin on February 13, 2013, 05:49:48 PM
sold the junky stouger p350 and got me a 870 super mag
Glad to hear. But you should have bought a mossberg ;D

neverstopchasin

couldnt pass up a new supermag for $300. i like the 835 but oh well 870 can giterdone with the best. you will see in a couple wks :TrainWreck1:

nogoodreezen

I've been putting together a gun for my wife and daughter but I think I am starting to fall in love with it. Mossberg Super Bantam 20 gauge. 22 " barrel. I just received my Sumtoy 562 Wednesday and mounted a truglo red dot on it. I haven't had a chance to pattern it yet but from just piddling with some target loads and a couple cheap turkey loads I think it is going to be a real head thumper. Light on weight and recoil. I may pack it a few times this year.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

backwater

Quote from: nogoodreezen on March 01, 2013, 07:24:49 PM
I've been putting together a gun for my wife and daughter but I think I am starting to fall in love with it. Mossberg Super Bantam 20 gauge. 22 " barrel. I just received my Sumtoy 562 Wednesday and mounted a truglo red dot on it. I haven't had a chance to pattern it yet but from just piddling with some target loads and a couple cheap turkey loads I think it is going to be a real head thumper. Light on weight and recoil. I may pack it a few times this year.
Very nice looking rig.  Should be a great shooter.

timberjack86

Quote from: backwater on March 02, 2013, 07:08:00 AM
Quote from: nogoodreezen on March 01, 2013, 07:24:49 PM
Very nice looking rig.  Should be a great shooter.
x2 Great looking gun!

backwater

We made a few new pot calls for the upcoming season.   During one of our deer scouting trips, we came across some very odd looking wood that we believe came off of a decaying tree trunk. We decided to bring the wood home and cut it up and let it dry.  After about a year of drying, we decided it would be cool to make some turkey calls out of it. This year we are going to try and harvest a gobbler with a call that was made from wood right where he lives.  It just so happens that John has a bird on film that is no more than a couple hundred yards from where we found these odd chunks of wood.  We shall see how it goes.
    Ray

jarbo03

Picked up an A5 Mag last Friday. Shot a few geese with it on Saturday, when the snow clears will work on some turkey loads. Also plan in taking a bird with ny 16ga. O/U

backwater

Quote from: jarbo03 on March 05, 2013, 08:56:34 AM
Picked up an A5 Mag last Friday. Shot a few geese with it on Saturday, when the snow clears will work on some turkey loads. Also plan in taking a bird with ny 16ga. O/U

nice.     Was it the new A5 or an older Auto 5?

backwater

Ok.   Just saw the pic.  Nice.