OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PRICE OF AMMO

Started by REBELYELL, January 04, 2013, 04:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

I have been looking at the price of Mag Blends on line the last few weeks. Most places offer the 3.5" loads in the $27-$30 range. I found some on sale at Natchez Shooters Supply on 12/27/12 for $20.40 per box. I added them to my shopping cart and printed it out, but I was in a hurry and didn't order them. Big, big mistake! I went back to order them today and the new price was $51.08 per box of 5 shells. Most places still have them in the $30 range, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with all the gun issues and a shortage of ammo. I called them to verify the price because I thought it was a typo and I was caller #30 waiting in their call que with a 10 minute hold. Things are getting really crazy with firearms and ammo right now.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=HV41205&src=tpCtgAm

Tail Feathers

Oh nooooo.  This is not good news.

I need some this year. :(
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Eric Gregg

Folks running out and buying up everything in sight is driving the cost up.
A "assault weapons ban bill" hasn't even passed and already because everyone is stocking up it is driving the cost sky high on ammo. If we are not careful we will do ourselves in by rising up the demand on ammo, driving the cost through the roof.

Tail Feathers

I just ordered some Mag blends from Cabelas at $29.99 per box.  Yeh, that is a lot for turkey shells but it's still the cheapest part of my travel hunts each year.
It's backordered two to three weeks.  Even if it goes six weeks I should have it here before season.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Frankinthelaurels

It's not that I can't spend $30 dollars for 5 shells it's that I refuse too!! I'll shoot my good ole federal lead #5's out to 40 yards buy a case of beer with the extra money to celebrate...

chatterbox

:o It's getting outta hand. I have over 60 rounds of Win XRHD 3.5-2-6, and was gonna try a new load this spring.
I get around 156 for a best with my combo now, and after some solid advice, decided to keep what I have.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll keep hording my Win XRHD's, and my Remington Corelocks in .308.

savduck

It's more to do with tungsten prices than people buying all the shells. Tungsten quadrupled in cost in 2012. That's the key element in all of our beloved HTL loads. I'm sure some of it has to do with buyer demand, but more has to do with material cost
Georgia Boy

spaightlabs

Material cost increase doesn't affect stock already on hand, but greed does.

Yes, I understand supply and demand, but I also understand gouging...

spaightlabs

PS - I shouldn't tell y'all this, but Rogers Sporting Goods has 3.5s for $23 a box, 3s for $21.

Let the hoarding begin.

Yer welcome.

coyotetrpr

Quote from: Frankinthelaurels on January 05, 2013, 05:35:02 AM
It's not that I can't spend $30 dollars for 5 shells it's that I refuse too!! I'll shoot my good ole federal lead #5's out to 40 yards buy a case of beer with the extra money to celebrate...
I am with you I have three boxes of mag blends but intend to shoot lead 5s. I jumped on the htl bandwagon, but now it is time to get off.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

nativeks

Here you go
http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/ammunition-hevishot-c-35_43.html

I just wish roger's sold pistol and .223 ammo. I had ordered through freedom munitions and due to component shortages they are cancelling orders.

woodchip

[/quote]I am with you I have three boxes of mag blends but intend to shoot lead 5s. I jumped on the htl bandwagon, but now it is time to get off.
[/quote]

:icon_thumright:

chatterbox

For right now, Cabelas is holding steady ontheir HTL shells. I imagine that will change one their stock needs to be replenished.

slicendice

If it truly is about gouging and demand,  then not just the htl stuff will jump.  The lead and in the case of waterfowl loads, steel,  will increase dramatically, too.  So far I haven't noticed that happening yet with the steel and lead.  Rogers still has a case of federal steel with free shipping for $99. 

savduck

I think time will tell. We shall see in just another month or so.

Georgia Boy