turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Southeast Nebraska?

Started by BP1992, December 21, 2012, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP1992

I'm thinking about booking a hunt in this area and just wondering how the turkey population is there?  Is it as good as the rest of the state?

pseshooter300

I would like to go to nebraska but im thinking public land hunt
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Mike Honcho

Should be very good.  I live in NE Kansas about 16 miles south of the NEB border and bird population is/has been good.

fallhnt

Call and talk to a biologist.I don't think the population is as strong but it may be ok.I was there last spring and kiled a jake.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Improvinghunter101

I've hunted that general area.  To be honest, it was way better 10 years ago when we started going out there.  Still do it because my uncle lives out there, so it has become more of a tradition.  Went out two weekends two years ago and didn't kill one.  Went out two weekends last year and didn't kill one either.  I have heard that the drought has helped the hatch this year.  Just hope it helps our chances of getting one in 2013, but planning a Montana hunt as we speak to get a little different scenery.  The last two years I've been trying to get my wife into turkey hunting but it has become more of a job now with hunting all day, every day we're out there.  I just don't think Nebraska has it any more.  I have heard good things about NE Nebraska along the river, but this year I'm putting everything in the Montana trip.  Hope it all goes well

mountman62

i am to the conclusion that it is not nearly as good as it was even 5 or 6 yrs ago, the population is way down on both private & public land, i would think that Tenn or KY would be a better bet for a first timer going somewhere, even though i am planning a trip to NW Nebraska for my Merriams this spring hopefully, but am also looking into going to Tenn
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]