OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke recommendation

Started by Snoody Bastid, October 09, 2012, 04:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

Hey guys,
I just picked up a NIB Rem 870 Express Synthetic stock 16ga 28"bbl ($190.00 :you_rock:)to use as a back-up gun (or possibly main gun if it shoots better than my new/old A-5).
Can anyone recommend a good choke/shell combo for this gun? I'm looking at the Trulock & Comp-N-Choke tky tubes. Thanks..

dirt road ninja

I've got zero experience with a 16 gauge, but like the idea of it. Congrats on the find.

Snoody Bastid

Thanks ninja. I went into the store looking for something else and I saw it on clearance so I jumped on it, plus I found out there is a $30.00 mail-in rebate going on now for the 870's.
I have a thing for the 16's and something tells me this one will throw a good pattern.
I'm just looking for a starting point as far as ammo & chokes go.

SumToy

We have been doing some to target shoot with.  Most are 600 to 610.  That is with 1oz of shot.  I should have some feed back on one with a 11/8 before long. 

Hope this helps.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Mr16Gauge

Sum Toy

Any news on chokes and loads for the 16 ga?

Interested minds would like to know.

Thanks

SumToy

We have them at 595 and up with the target guns.   Now on the load that is a good one.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Mr16Gauge

Thank you for the update.

When will they be available?

Thanks

SumToy

Ready for Remington and most Browning.

Mr16Gauge

Good to hear.

We will be in touch.

Thanks

:OGturkeyhead:

Mr16Gauge

You have mail on your web site,

Thanks